• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aquatroy
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 28, 2002

Final Crisis #2 - No Spoilers (yet)

WOW!

That was 32 flavors of awesome! I'm off the grab #1 and read both issues again just to bask in the Morrison goodness. Bring on #3, baby!
    Last edited by aquatroy; Jun 30, '08, 10:50 AM.
    Hey! Check out the pictures.
  • Bo8a_Fett
    Pat Troughton in disguise
    • Nov 21, 2007

I thought issue 1 was poor then went downhill from there......same with secret invasion...hohum
    ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

#2 was a vast improvement over issue one...a little too fast-paced at times though....everything seemed to run together...maybe that was intentional, considering

SPOILER BELOW

Barry Allen returns as The Flash on the last page, along with the Black racer in tow.
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

This is the only reason i'm reading it....I was interested in how they were gonna kill off jonn but seeing as that was done in 2 panels this was all that is left to interest me...
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

For the people that are illiterate and like to skim over my postings. I will post it in big letters....

BIG SPOILER BELOW!!!!!!!!!!

I got the book. This one wasn't the greatest. Hal Jordan is accused of murder, Dead Daily Planet members, dead Martian, dead new gods...etc.

If something don't pick up, I am going to pick up the lid to my trash can and toss these books into it.

Like I said before, I have a sneaking suspicion why a lot of these people are getting killed off. Plus the return of Barry Allen!!

I think they are doing a lot of crazy stuff because they are planning to reboot the entire DC universe and none of it is going to matter.

I am serious, if this is what DC does. I am done collecting books from them. This would be wrong and a terrible way to get new readers. That is the only reason they are doing it because there is too much history for a new reader to try and catch on.

In all reality, the average person under 25 don't read comic books on a monthly basis. Why? Because of the Internet.

Rebooting a comic series or creating a new "earth" and calling it the Ultimate universe won't bring new readers. Hopefully Dc doesn't do this.
          Last edited by Cosmicman; Jun 29, '08, 9:49 PM.
          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>the average person under 25 don't read comic books on a monthly basis. Why? Because of the Internet.

I hear this one a lot and really disagree. Most of us got into comics during the Atari/Nintendo/C64 boom, and the competition from other forms of (predominantly electronic) entertainment didn't hamper our reading at all. I suspect the REAL problem is that Marvel and DC are putting out really crappy comics. THAT'S why nobody reads them. When you see the numbers, comics OTHER than Marvel and DC are selling INCREDIBLY well.

>Rebooting a comic series or creating a new "earth" and calling it the Ultimate universe won't bring new readers.

Oh, HELL yeah! The history is one of the big draws for a superhero comic! They've got forty or more years of history and ideas to draw from, and instead every new "creative" team tries to completely redo their book from the ground up. Seriously, Batman has been popular for almost SEVENTY FREAKIN' YEARS!!!!! Do you REALLY think he needs fixing?!?!? And how aarogant do you have to be to think "y'know... Superman has been an icon across the globe for seventy years.... but I think I can do better."

Don C.

Comment

• aquatroy
              Permanent Member
              • Apr 28, 2002

I don't care what you all say. It was fantastic.

Half body Hal Jordon used to frame Hal.

The Green Lantern Corp actually acting like a police force. Why hasn't that been played up more in the past?

Barry Allen either trying to stop the time bullet or outrun the Black Racer.

Kamandi?! Come on! Freakin Kamandi!

The only bit that's upset me is that DC has screwed Captain Marvel up so bad that he won't be a part of this.

This is going to be an awesome ride. To bad some of us are to jaded to enjoy it.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by aquatroy

The only bit that's upset me is that DC has screwed Captain Marvel up so bad that he won't be a part of this.

This is going to be an awesome ride. To bad some of us are to jaded to enjoy it.

I think Captain Marvel is back to being a fuddy duddy hero on Earth S in the multi universe or some version of it.
                I noticed they kind of "forgot" about Captain Marvel but they kept Black Adam around as the new DC Punisher. Very crafty.
                If you want Captain Marvel, they publish a kiddy book with horrible art.

I would love to see Captain Marvel get his dues but lets face it, he will be and always will be just another Superman lite. I am sure that is why DC has him on the back burner and was attempting to do new things with him such as giving him Shazam's powers.
                More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• aquatroy
                  Permanent Member
                  • Apr 28, 2002

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                  I think Captain Marvel is back to being a fuddy duddy hero on Earth S in the multi universe or some version of it.
                  Earth 5

I noticed they kind of "forgot" about Captain Marvel but they kept Black Adam around as the new DC Punisher. Very crafty.
                  You forgot Shivana.
                  The Marvel Family is still there, kind of. Earth 1 Captain Marvel has been renamed "Marvel". He has taken over the roll of the Wizard Shazam. CM Jr. is now Shazam. I'm not sure if Mary has changed her name.
                  We've been through this before, not doing it again.

If you want Captain Marvel, they publish a kiddy book with horrible art.
                  Which is coming out in July. I already have it reserved. It should be noted that "horrible art" is Wrathdemon's opinion. I quite like Mike Kunkle's take on Captain Marvel (3 fingers and all).

I would love to see Captain Marvel get his dues but lets face it, he will be and always will be just another Superman lite. I am sure that is why DC has him on the back burner and was attempting to do new things with him such as giving him Shazam's powers.
                  Superman lite? I disagree. Captain Marvel Adventures is, IMHO, the best comic run and title ever produced.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

DC hasn't handled Captain Marvel/Shazam right since the Jerry Ordway "Power of Shazam" title, IMO.

Comment

• Surfsup
                      Silver Chrome Dome
                      • Dec 2, 2005

I think DC have over-hyped the book and it just doesn't live up to it...nowhere near. I'm unimpressed so far, i'm hoping it will pick up in the next couple of issues. I'm still enjoying Secret Invasion though.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

^ Ditto...Secret Invasion is proving to be a pretty good read!

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Despite Cat's bashing of a book that has yet to come out, I'm looking forward to the Mike Kunkle book. And I reallllly wish someone at DC would grow a brain and get rid of Winnick. He's the kiss O' death for me as far as picking up a comic.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• aquatroy
                            Permanent Member
                            • Apr 28, 2002

Bolt,
                            I really liked First Thunder, but after Trials of Shazam, I think I've come around to your opinion.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                              The Packaging King
                              • Dec 31, 2004

Trials of Shazam was a mess IMO...I just heard that the whole idea behind it was to get Captain Marvel to become "Shazam" as that's what most people refer to him as anyway. Pretty stupid reason to reboot a concept if you ask me.

With Shazam, "we'd like the title character to have the same name as the title of the book. Simple as that," DiDio said.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎