X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Wolverine/Logan Secret Origins: Famous covers to mego

I am sure a lot of you seen my Wolverine figure I made a couple of years ago by plugging a Famous Cover's Wolverine head that was way to small for the Famous Cover dolls. I cannot figure out why Famous Covers made the heads too small but it benefited a lot of my megos.

The Wolverine suit is my creation. I met a guy on here (forgot who it was) that made a bunch of slick body suits. I bought a yellow one from him and took the shoulder pads off the Famous Cover doll and fabric glued it to the body suit after I removed the sleeves.
    The boots are Doctor Mego of course with a black piece of thick leather and poster board glued to the front of the boot. That came out kind of snazzy.

The other day I came across someone who plugged another Wolverine head and slapped it on a mego body. I gave him some money and took the Logan/mego off his hands and put on some clothing I had laying around my house.

My daughter hasn't seen it. It is a surprise for her when she comes home tomorrow night. Here is the Wolverine/Logan dolls standing together...

More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • spiderrogue
    new mego-er
    • Feb 3, 2008

those are pretty slick...nice job....

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Cool again, Cat. My personal theory for the fc teeny heads is that Toybiz used Rob Liefeld for the control art.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

I'm surprised how clean that looks--sometimes the FCs don't lok as good
        as you want when transferred over the Mego--that's one of the best I've
        seen----the costume really helps
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• SuzanneHIH
          • Jun 6, 2008

Wolverine is one of my faves. These look cool.

Of course I'm not a toy collector/maker just a fan of toy collectors/makers. LOL
          I'm amazed at the stuff on this site. Custom everything, so unique and well... custom.
          "The housewife part is true, Hollywood is just a metaphor."

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎