X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Captain America

This is surely a far cry from Derek's as his was possibly the best cap figure ever to exist. I still need to come up with/order flared gloves cause this oven mit isn't cutting it and fashion a belt buckle, but here he is. It's a Reprohead suit so I can't take any credit for that. Actually, I can't take much credit here at all except the head. Okay, now I'm depressed

SCott

I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Hey, but the head paints are really nice. Belt buckle suggestion: at Joann's in the button area the sell doll buckles that work for Mego and 9 inch stuff. You can make the belt out of a strip of pleather or craft foam.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

Depressed? Why? That Cap looks awesome - awesome enough that I'm surprised Mego didn't go this route back in the day! Well done!

I got red flared gloves from Classic Plastick via eBay - all I can say is WOW! Those gloves were like night and day when it came to my custom Cap (just changed out the suit for a Brian Leitner custom, added red swashbuckler boots). Think they ran about $10 - very worth it.
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

He loooks awesome Bro! Great paint Job on the Head! I used Austin's Suit on My Cap too...and I LOVE IT!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Megospidey
          Museum Webslinger
          • Jul 26, 2006

That is a great Mego-esque Cap Scott! And I've always liked that head for Cap too...nice paint job.

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Perfect face
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Blackkryptonite
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 28, 2006

Good work, nice paint on the head too btw

Comment

• Cosmicman
                Permanent Member
                • Jul 12, 2005

You should pick up one of those shields from some of the Marvel Legends Captain America figures. That one looks a little on the big size but other then that, this figure is probably one of the best ones of Captain America I have seen in awhile.
                More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• The Bat
                  Batman Fanatic
                  • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                  You should pick up one of those shields from some of the Marvel Legends Captain America figures. That one looks a little on the big .

Demon's right...I used the Marvel Legends one as well, and it's the PERFECT size.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Megospidey
                    Museum Webslinger
                    • Jul 26, 2006

To each his own I guess...I prefer the FC shield over the Marvel Legends. The Marvel Legends was a bit too small IMO.

One of the things I discovered doing research for my Cap...is that every artist took some liberty as to the size of the shield. Some were bigger...some were smaller.

So really - it depends upon what you like. I like a larger shield, so I went with the FC shield. If you like a smaller shield, go with the Marvel Legends shield..

Really,if you want the "Mego" look - you need to go with a Doc Mego reproduction shield.

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Ah...but Derek...You also went with a larger Captain America. Your Cap is "bulk-up" BIG TIME! So the larger Shield looks right with Him.
                      Last edited by The Bat; Jun 29, '08, 4:14 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎