X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jemboy2004
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 14, 2005

Death of Aquaman's son

In What comic does Black Manta kill Aquaman's son? I've read alot of old Aquaman comics in the silver age and I really only the read the one's that had Mera in them but recently read the 86 and 89 mini series and they mention the death of his son and I seen someplace (can't remember where) that it is blackmanta that kills his son and I want to know where I can find these comics as I want to check them out.

Thanks for any help
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

That would be Adventure Comics #452 (Jul-Aug 1977)....

Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• misterdroid
      Banned
      • Jan 10, 2008

On a related note (and not to hijack the thread), I have been meaning to ask this here... I bought one of the big DC Batman digest things, and Alfred dies! Batman and Robin then have an Aunt Bea like-character watching over them... When (and how) does he come back? It's not an Earth number whatever thing is it?

Comment

• jemboy2004
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 14, 2005

Thanks Toyroom. I'm gonna have to get that one. I really love the cover on this comic alot.

I have most of the first series of Aquaman but the later issues of the series I'm missing, now I"m gonna have to finish this off as I love the covers and I was looking at a few of the later issues from around that time on ebay and they all look cool and alot of Mera appearances in them too.

I need to get the adventure ones from that time too.

Comment

• kept back
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 2, 2002

On a related note (and not to hijack the thread), I have been meaning to ask this here... I bought one of the big DC Batman digest things, and Alfred dies! Batman and Robin then have an Aunt Bea like-character watching over them... When (and how) does he come back? It's not an Earth number whatever thing is it?
          Hope this helps answer some of those questions

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aunt_Harriet_Cooper
          Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

Alfred died in "Detective Comics" #328 but is secretly revived by a scientist and comes back as the super-villain The Outsider and torments Batman and Robin behind the scenes, until his big reveal in "Detective" #356:

He was eventually cured and rejoined the Batman Family and Aunt Harriet was kicked to the curb. Since then, Alfred has reverted to his Outsiders persona on two occassions that I know of, once in "Batman Family" in the 70s and then in a "DC Comics Presents" with Superman and the Outsiders in the 80s.

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by jemboy2004
              Thanks Toyroom. I'm gonna have to get that one. I really love the cover on this comic alot.

I have most of the first series of Aquaman but the later issues of the series I'm missing, now I"m gonna have to finish this off as I love the covers and I was looking at a few of the later issues from around that time on ebay and they all look cool and alot of Mera appearances in them too.

I need to get the adventure ones from that time too.
              The "Adventure" issues are a pretty solid run...great Aparo artwork!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎