Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about customizing my Mego Robin..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david_b
    Never had enough toys..
    • May 9, 2008

Question about customizing my Mego Robin..

Striving to improve on the original, I saw the DC Direct Earth2 Robin.. Amazon said he was about 8", but I'm sure he's smaller. Anyone know..?

I also looked at the DC Superheroes 9" Robin and his head is a bit small ~ That and part of his outfit might be a nice cheap improvement on the original.

Anyone know about the DC heroes neck stem and whether it's compatable perhaps with some carving work on a T1/T2 body..?

Just musing..

david_b
    (A regular muser)
    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Well...CUSTOMSLAB sells a cast of that Hasbro 9" Robin Head...with Mego Neckplug added.

Also...a Burt Ward!
    sigpic

Comment

• ddgaff1132
      Persistent Member
      • Oct 3, 2007

I recently dis assembled a blue Superman from the Hasbro line. (bought at Goodwill) The head ends right below the jaw. The neck is molded atop the chest and has a plug that the head pops onto. The head only twists left/right. So you wouldnt need to carve up a T1/2 body. You would have to figure a way to add a neck to the bottom of the Hasbro head.
      Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
      MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
        Formerly known as Del
        • Dec 12, 2004

If you use a Hasbro head, you could add a neckplug. If you carefully slice the neckplug off a T1/2 head(even a CTVT would probably work fine) and put some epoxy on the end, then stick that into the bottom of the Hasbro head, wouldn't that fit pretty well? You could use the putty to fill up any holes. I don't know how big the holes in the bottom of the Hasbro heads are, so you might have to open it up a little. You might want to cast the head in resin when you're done, but it might be sturdy enough on its own. I don't know if it worth that much work to you or not.
        By the way, are you making the Robin in Teen Titans or 8" scale? I always thought that Hasbro head would look good for a younger Robin. Does anyone make a shrunken version that you could use?
        Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
        https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
        http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by ddgaff1132
          The head ends right below the jaw. The neck is molded atop the chest and has a plug that the head pops onto. You would have to figure a way to add a neck to the bottom of the Hasbro head.

As You can see in this Picture...Russ builds up the Neck on ALL His Figure's...so that the Neck doesn't end right below the Jaw. His Stuff is so smooth it looks Machined...that You'd never know He did it!
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎