Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lauraslusher
    • Jun 10, 2007

Year on Head Doesn't Match Body???

My husband and I cleaned out his room at his parent's house. While doing so, I came across his Mego action figure collection and would like to sell it. While I was in the process of selling it, I discovered that the year stamped on the figures' heads do not match the year stamped on the body. I could understand one or two, but most of his figures are this way. Are the figures OK or does it mean that the heads are not original to the body? Please help. I am confused.

Figure/Year on Head/Year on body
    Superman/1972/1974
    Batman/1972/1974
    Thor/1975/1974
    Spider-man/1972/1974
    Spider-man/1972/1974
    Spock/1974/1974
    Riddler/1973/1975
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

They're all fine. The dates tell when the bodies and heads were first made. Since Mego re-used some of the molds for several years while also creating new ones, the dates rarely coincide.

Your Riddler is a Fist Fighter?

Comment

• MegoGeek
      From The Black Lagoon
      • Jun 27, 2001

I would assume that the Riddler figure being a 1975 body that it has a little flesh colored lever sticking out of the back of his waist.

If so it is one of the "fist fighting" figures which you may want to mention when you go to sell them as they can be a bit more desireable (but not always).
      ______
      ChArLiE

Comment

• The Sentry
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 3, 2007

Some of mine are like that, the bodies changed over time and they kept on using the same head molds, if I could guess I would say that the bodies are type 2 with the original heads. Hopefully I'm right, if not sorry.
        sigpic
        http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
        https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
        [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• lauraslusher
          • Jun 10, 2007

Thank you both for your help. I really appreciate it, especially since I am learning about this stuff. The riddler does have the flesh thing sticking out of his back. What does "fist fighter" mean and what does the thing on his back do? (I don't want to move it too much and break it. I can't tell what it does.)

Comment

• ABMAC
            User
            • May 16, 2002

Hold the figure's legs in your fist and push the lever to the left and right with your thumb. Both arms should flail about in a very un-fist-fighty way. If both arms don't move, the mechanism is probably disengaged. Engage it by pressing the shoulders in until the arms no longer swing freely.

Does the Riddler have his purple belt?

Comment

• lauraslusher
              • Jun 10, 2007

Thank you for your help. I got him to move just as you described. He has his purple belt. I plan to post all of the figures on Ebay this afternoon in three different auctions. (One for Riddler, one for Spider-Man, and one for the rest of the figures grouped together.)

Thank you for helping me understand these figures.

Comment

• ABMAC
                User
                • May 16, 2002

You're welcome. I'm glad I could help.

Be sure to mention Riddler's belt. It's unique to him and almost always missing.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                  galactic yo-yo
                  • Apr 6, 2006

I've been told the date on my head doesn't match the one on my body either. Hey,somebody had to say it.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎