X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Strange Request: Earth Two Wonder Woman

I wasn't going to post this but Huedell thought it was a cute idea and gave me the encouragement to post this funny story....

So.....

My daughter usually has a list of characters she wants me to make after reading my back issues of old comics. Since adobe acrobat transferring the whole collection from some guy who must have spent a good three years doing this. She has been able to read a lot of them on the computer and she has been giving me some off the wall requests.

The other day she said to me, "Dad we don't have an Earth Two Wonder Woman."

Thinking about it. We don't. I never really thought about it.

So I got a cheap naked Wonder Woman off eBay whose face was missing eyeballs. the paint must have faded. I bought an old suit from someone off this site. It was not bad. I had to do some surgery with some fabric glue.

Touching up Earth Two Wonder Woman's hair was tricky. I added small gray hairs to the dolls head that appeared to have some holes missing hair and here is the outcome... (as you can see, she has quite the collection and counting!)

For some reason she took this picture. She is obsessed with the precrisis JLA/JSA. I am not sure what it means. I think she was trying to pair them....

Last edited by Cosmicman; Jun 24, '08, 10:08 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Cool pics, I like that last one with the Earth 1 and 2 counterparts.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Hey Wrath---thanks for trhe "shout out"

I really don't think there's anything all that "strange" about
      being into EARTH 2 WONDER WOMAN---I observe that the E2/JSA has a
      big following and WW is one of the big characters of ANY universe that she inhabits!

Admittedly, I may be a bad guy to discuss "strange customs" with though
      as my love for the DCU customs wanders into some "rare" territory.

YES, I count among my customs: KILLER MOTH, CLOCK KING and the less
      quirky but just as much a background character in the DCU...FELIX FAUST

Maybe the "strange" thing to me, is not so much your daughters' attraction
      to E2 and the JSA but the interest she has in vintage comicbooks.
      I know when I was younger, stuff from two decades previous seemed
      "ancient" and uninteresting in many ways---even when it came to superheroes.

Anyways--bless superheroes of any decade---and those are some more great pics
      you've included above.

I see quite a few items and parts in those pics that I'd love in my own collection!
      (I'm gonna get me one of those Leitner POWER GIRLS one of these days!)

Again, Good wishes to you and Wrath Jr. on your continued constructing
      and collecting!
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
        Hey Wrath---thanks for trhe "shout out"

I see quite a few items and parts in those pics that I'd love in my own collection!
        (I'm gonna get me one of those Leitner POWER GIRLS one of these days!)

Again, Good wishes to you and Wrath Jr. on your continued constructing
        and collecting!
        Thanks man! It is always great to hear that my kid's creative mind is giving people ideas.

I have been seeing a lot of members who have the Brian Leitner Powergirl costume. Check out dude's latest post about the JSA in this thread. I love how it was slipped over a Breyer girl. Very cool!!!

We are waiting for the Doctor Mego female bodies to arrive in Aug. and putting "her main list on hold"

It goes like this.

1. Huntress (E2 version. Batman's daughter)
        2. Miss Marvel
        3. Scarlet Witch
        4. Cheetah (Priscilla Rich version)
        5. Liberty Belle
        6. Black Widow
        7. Fury (E2 version. WW's daughter)
        8. Jubilee
        9. Dazzler (she wants a sparkly disco version) LOL
        10. Wasp
        11. Lois Lane
        12. Giganta (This is going to be tricky)
        13. Talia al Ghul
        14. Zatanna
        15. White Queen
        16. Vixen
        17. Queen Bee
        18. Tygra
        19. Spider-woman (Julia Carpenter version)
        20. Live-Wire

You really don't want to see her super hero male list. It is longer....

So, if anyone has an idea while we are waiting for Dr. Mego in Sept. PM me. I am finding it easier to buy customs from some talented people on here instead of spending hours pasting one together and trying to make it not look like crap.
        Last edited by Cosmicman; Jun 25, '08, 2:56 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Dang, you are going to be a busy dude.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• fembot
            Amazon Queen
            • Jun 28, 2008

I think it is great that you and your daughter are working together on those, they look great. You might also suggest the original Huntress (Paula Crock) who was an enemy of Earth 2 Green Lantern.
            Natalie

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by fembot
              I think it is great that you and your daughter are working together on those, they look great. You might also suggest the original Huntress (Paula Crock) who was an enemy of Earth 2 Green Lantern.
              Hey thanks man! I thought this thread was dead on the river! Always nice to hear someone giving me kudos for getting my kid into the mego action.

There will be more to come...

Comment

• Megospidey
                Museum Webslinger
                • Jul 26, 2006

that is a great set you and your daughter have going on there Cat....

Even though I don't post much, I do enjoy looking at what you guys cook up next!

Comment

• MegoGeekJr
                  Youngest Mego Lover
                  • Dec 6, 2005

WHAT?! terror:

No harbinger on that list?

There better be a monitor oh that hero list!
                  My heighten mutant sense never lies..........................................This ain't lemonade.

Comment

• bobws
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 13, 2008

This is not fair !!!!!!!! i want a dad to make me Custom's TOO!!!!!!!
                    I can't believe all the cool ones in the shadows of that photo, Stargirl and Killowog! Man how can you worry abou throwing something together, i haven't seen a lousy custom from you yet!!!!!!!!!!!!! as for Giganta , make a small version or turn a Barbie into the Mego villianess.(LOL) Just enjoy doing something that keeps you close to your Daughter and enjoy the time spent.
                    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎