X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Remco Monster
    GLOWS in the Dark!
    • May 3, 2006

Mezco's 9" Gomez revealed!

This figure is AMAZING. The articulation is through the roof. The best I have seen in this scale. Up there with Hot Toys and the like 12" figures. The clothing is awesomely tailored as well. But above all, he is a freakin' bug man in a suit!

From Mezco...

"The mysterious syndicate known only as "The Void" operates within a level of secrecy so obscure the world at large is unaware of its existence despite the fact that it’s machinations sway the balance of the world as we know it. The Void's vast range of influence is felt from the fall of governments to socks missing from the laundry. The Void utilizes the skills of a sole agent, Gomez. His instructions are received by a combination of subliminal broadcast on his Boom Box combined with Black Martinis known as the "cocktail exchange". The cocktail exchange is only receivable by the antennas of Gomez. Gomez; doer of missions, mover of information and eliminator of obstacles.

Finally, Gomez, Mezco’s suave mascot and The Void’s only active agent, has been realized in action figure form. Standing over 9 inches tall with his antennae, Gomez comes complete with Boom Box, black martini, atomic pea shooter (ray gun), and zip sword (of ultra rare Magmezium). Dapper in his custom tailored suit, Gomez features over 40 points of articulation giving him all the articulation he needs to fight the bad guys and love the ladies!

Gomez is a limited edition of 500 pieces dimension wide and is available exclusively though Mezco Direct as well as at San Diego Comic-Con 2008."
    Last edited by Remco Monster; Jun 21, '08, 1:32 AM.
  • REMOVED
    • Mar 29, 2024

Thanks for the heads up. I'm a sucker for a bug in a suit. Had to order one. that is the most stylish bug I've ever seen. What a smart suit.

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

Gaaah! I'm soooooo tempted to buy it, too. I love that suit. The poseability factor is a definite plus.....
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

man he looks super cool
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

cool, glad to see the 9 inch line is finally starting to roll out.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Remco Monster
            GLOWS in the Dark!
            • May 3, 2006

A bunch more photos...
            Gomez Unmasked

The possibilities are endless.

Comment

• Raydeen1
              Persistent Member
              • May 23, 2008

He looks like a bunny in this particular photo. ;P

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                • Aug 14, 2007

Man that is a cool figure, but $40 bucks? I'm still trying to reconcile myself to shelling out the dough for the "graveyard zombie". I traded collecting for customizing. I think it would be cool if someone took a crack at this figure.

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• QDOGG
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jan 13, 2007

Man Gomez is just to cool! I had to pre-order one. I can't wait till he ships!

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

For anyone who may have missed the previous topics, Mezco will also be making 9" figures from the 1979 film The Warriors, and from the NBC TV show Heroes as well.

Will be interesting to see their female body if/when one comes about. Also to see what other licenses they give this 9" treatment to.

Gomez is so awesome, I would like to see them come up with some more original characters as well.

I hope these all sell well, and they continue with figures in this style.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                      GLOWS in the Dark!
                      • May 3, 2006

A video chock full of Gomez photos....
                      Jumpcut - Gomez: Mezco Super Spy

Comment

• Mister Kennedy
                        • Jun 23, 2010

I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I thought it would be better than starting a new one. If you have a moment, please check out this new blog about Gomez Gomez, Go!

Comment

• Mojo
                          • Jun 24, 2010

Originally posted by Mister Kennedy
                          I hate to resurrect an old thread, but I thought it would be better than starting a new one. If you have a moment, please check out this new blog about Gomez Gomez, Go!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4125/...87c8cc1dd4.jpg
                          Wow! Those are cool. Which one is available to order? The black one or regular one? Is the shipping alot for them?

Comment

• Mister Kennedy
                            • Jun 23, 2010

That's the tricky part. They are blindboxed, so unless the seller tells you which letter is checked off (and that checkmark is accurate) it's impossible to tell who you will be getting. There is a link toward the bottom of that blog for an Amazon seller that has them for the cheapest price.

Comment

• Meule
                              Verbose Member
                              • Nov 14, 2004

9" with his antennae, does that mean he's close to 8" to the top of his head and his clothes might actually fit a Mego?
                              "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎