X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Look! Another Dr. Strange Figure!!!!

My daughter saw the Dr. Strange animation movie awhile ago and she has been burried in my old Defender's comic books for almost two months. She asked me if I could get a Dr. Strange figure together for her custom collection.

This figure was made by a brilliant customizer and pioneer who I consider a good friend and influence in my life when it comes to making customs who wishes to be anonymous because of all the C & D issues that happened to a few customizers who were selling parts online. I respect his wishes. I was grateful that he was able to slap this together for my daughter. Most parts came from Dr. Mego's website through the years.

I created the Eye of Agamotto by printing out a design I scanned from the Defender's comicbooks and laminating it. It was the finishing touch to this brilliant piece of work. My daughter loves it!!!

More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • Evel KMego
    Museum Daredevil
    • Apr 26, 2006

Very nice!!!!!

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

cool like the cape and hands
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• The Bat
        Batman Fanatic
        • Jul 14, 2002

Great Costume Wrathdemon!

But does anybody have the link to EZeyes? This poor Fellow needs help.(Just teasing Demon...............mostly).
        sigpic

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

That suit looks great, very cool cape.
          And is that a Kirk head?
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Looks nice, but his eyes do need some help.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Cosmicman
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              Looks nice, but his eyes do need some help.
              I didn't make the custom but I am debating on touching them up. The figure is my daughters. If she hasn't complained about it, then I don't really feel the need. Eventually I will probably do it when it bothers me enough. I think the guy that made it was a cool dude and did a good job and it made my little girl smile from ear to ear. That is all that matters for me.

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

great job!!

Comment

• jessica
                  fortune favors the bold
                  • Nov 5, 2007

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                  I didn't make the custom but I am debating on touching them up. The figure is my daughters. If she hasn't complained about it, then I don't really feel the need. Eventually I will probably do it when it bothers me enough. I think the guy that made it was a cool dude and did a good job and it made my little girl smile from ear to ear. That is all that matters for me.
                  What a great dad!!
                  Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
                  Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
                  1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
                  1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• spiderrogue
                    new mego-er
                    • Feb 3, 2008

he's just really really alert.....other than the eyes(and im not one for talking about doing eyes, i suck)....he looks pretty good....thanks for sharing....

Comment

• Merlyn1976
                      Fist of Khonshu
                      • Mar 29, 2005

You wouldn't happen to have a scan of the Eye of Agamotto you'd be willing to share would you??
                      "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• Cosmicman
                        Permanent Member
                        • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by Merlyn1976
                        You wouldn't happen to have a scan of the Eye of Agamotto you'd be willing to share would you??
                        Sure thing. I would suggest it get put in the emblems area but I am not a part of the mego club buddy system and most of the time my requests get ignored but here you go.

This is the better one. Print it out on regular paper. Put some clear tape over it then cut it out with a regular pair of scissors and it looks nice. Or if you want to go through the trouble and waste a good sheet of photo paper, print it out that way.

Either way. Put a dab of glue on the back and lightly touch it to the figure and let it dry. That is how I do it. Usually if I laminate it some how they come out looking pretty good after I cut them out.

[IMG]http://www.hellforum.com/eyeo***amotto.GIF[/IMG]
                        Last edited by Cosmicman; Jun 19, '08, 6:03 PM.

Comment

• spiderrogue
                          new mego-er
                          • Feb 3, 2008

i hate trying to cut cirles out..so i have invested in some different sized hole punchers....they are kinda expensive(i paid like 8 bucks for the 1")...but worth it if you do this a lot....always a thought for anyone...

Comment

• BlackKnight
                            The DarkSide Customizer
                            • Apr 16, 2005

He looks Good Bud.
                            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Cosmicman
                              Permanent Member
                              • Jul 12, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                              He looks Good Bud.
                              Thanks man! Putting yours next to mine kind of looks like moron Adam West Batman meets Michael Keaton Batman. No comparrison whose looks better. Mine was made by a cool guy as a toy for my daughter to be played with over and over. Yours actually looks like it jumped off the pages out of my Defenders comic books.

I might actually get off my duff and make one for my showcase.
                              Last edited by Cosmicman; Jun 19, '08, 7:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎