X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Already problems on "Final Crisis"?

Well, besides the lackluster "story" so far, it appears that J.G. Jones is not going to be the only artist on "Final Crisis". Carlos Pacheco will be joining the book with issue #4. DC says it's to keep the book on schedule.

Now here's what I don't understand...the book has been planned for quite some time. It's only 7 issues (remember the days of real earth-shattering mini-series like the original "Crisis on Infinite Earths", kiddies? It was 12 issues). There's a month break in the schedule between issues 3 and 4.

And STILL Jones couldn't maintain that schedule? Again, I hate to compare with "COIE", but George Perez did ALL of the pencils on that book, plus covers, and had a kazillion characters in almost every panel. And I don't remember the book not making schedule then.

How freakin' hard is it to solicit something with everything already in the can? Can't they do that, especially with these high-profile books?

Doesn't really matter though...I still think this is going to suck after all's said and done. Hope I'm wrong.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

I dunno,....
    When all is said & done with this,.. I too feel as if I will be rather upset. I save my books until I got all of them,.. or 2or3 of them, so I have a bunch to read in a row. I just picked up Crisis #1,.. & haven't read it yet,.. I do know they Off'ed Manhunter,.. thanks to everyone here.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight
      I dunno,....
      When all is said & done with this,.. I too feel as if I will be rather upset. I save my books until I got all of them,.. or 2or3 of them, so I have a bunch to read in a row. I just picked up Crisis #1,.. & haven't read it yet,.. I do know they Off'ed Manhunter,.. thanks to everyone here.
      BK, It's in one panel (Manhunter's death)...if you blink, you'll miss it...it's that short.

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

One issue in and it's already one of the worst books of the year. Thankfully, I don't care much about continuity, so I'll just skip it. How many resets has DC tried to do in the past five years anyway? Give it up already!

Comment

• bobws
          Permanent Member
          • Feb 13, 2008

I'm sorry i might be the only Grant Morrison hater here but, His greatest contribution to the Marvel Universe was Killing OFF Jean Grey the 2nd time and without any good reason or emotional impact! when i heard he was doing Final Crisis i didn't have any positive hopes for a good story and am picking it up just to see where DC is going before i probably wind up stop buying Comic Books for a few years! SOMEONE PLEASE STOP DAN DIDIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

I remember COIE having a few delays, and changing inkers 3/4's of the way thru.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

^ I don't mind the change in inkers...I think it got better looking once Jerry Ordway got on board...I didn't care for Mike DeCarlo's inks.

Comment

• Airdave817
                Satellite Monitor Duty
                • May 31, 2007

I would tend to think that any delays would have already happened and we are just now getting caught up on it.

I went to broadcasting school with a guy who was a Superman fan, and he came to class with a box of Death of Superman cards. He was telling all of the non-geeks that they planned the storyline at least a year or two ahead of when it all played out. And only as it got closer to the payoff leaked it to the news media to capitalize off it.

So, how far in advance are they planning stories these days? Minutes, days, weeks, months, year(s)?

There can't be a very long lead time - Dixon is off Robin and BATO and the stuff he wrote ends in August or something and a new writer picks up in September or something. Unless this has been going on for months. That's a pretty freaky thought.
                Shameless self-promotion -
                Earth-Dave
                KROC-FM
                Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• Cosmicman
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 12, 2005

Christ. It only has been one issue. Lets let it play out a couple more issues before we urinate on the book covers. I am thinking stuff is going to pan out and hopefully correct the flaws in the DC Universe. I could be wrong. It has about four issues before I dump it. I usually give a book about four issues. For instance, Alex Ross's Justice. Pure crap in my opinion. I gave it five issues before I flushed it.
                  I am up to #3 in the Trinity books. One more book like this and I am dumping that. I really do give a series a chance...LOL
                  More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

^^ Cat, you made further than I did on Justice. And yeah, the new DC solicits look interesting for Crisis. Looks like Darkseid finally conquered the Earth.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                      ^ I don't mind the change in inkers...I think it got better looking once Jerry Ordway got on board...I didn't care for Mike DeCarlo's inks.
                      Totally agree with you, Ordway made Perez look better than ever.

Comment

• Airdave817
                        Satellite Monitor Duty
                        • May 31, 2007

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
                        Alex Ross's Justice. Pure crap in my opinion. I gave it five issues before I flushed it.
                        I am up to #3 in the Trinity books. One more book like this and I am dumping that. I really do give a series a chance...LOL
                        See, I was the exact opposite. But I was a fan of Marvels, Kingdom Come, and the oversized comics he did. I thought Justice was a little more of a darker, mature version of Super Friends, which wasn't a problem for me. The only thing of his I didn't like was the whole Earth X thing. I grabbed the Battle of the Planets he did.

I'm re-reading Justice right now. As Jon Stewart says, "No disrespect", but IMHO it holds up.

I'm burnt on Crises or Civil War or Invasion events, though. But, that's me. Opposite. I wouldn't even touch a mega event mini-series right now.

Not trying to change your opinion, just offer my half-wit.

I'll sit down and shut up now...
                        Shameless self-promotion -
                        Earth-Dave
                        KROC-FM
                        Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                        "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ The problem I had with Justice was it was just pretty pictures, the story (what there was of it) really dragged.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

What I liked about Justice was that i was outside of continuity...don't get me wrong, I eat up the continuity stuff up for breakfast WHEN it's done right. But the recent DC universe "events" have soured my taste. At least with Justice, when it got goofy it didn't effect anything else.

Comment

• Boris71
                              GeekBot' For Life
                              • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                              ^^^ The problem I had with Justice was it was just pretty pictures, the story (what there was of it) really dragged.
                              I had the same problem with kingdom come and some of his other stuff too I admit I'm not a huge fan of the painted look comics give me the old four colour titles anyday, though of late I have felt all the diffrent art styles and "outside" of the universe graphic novels and mini series has been doing DC a lot of harm
                              Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎