X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

America's Next Inventor

Anyone watch this kind of boring show? It is a pretty dumb show, but it did give me a million dollar idea. I want to make a child/baby seat for a car that has a set of contacts in the buckle. If the car is turned off for more than 5 minutes and the buckle on the child seat is still closed, an alarm or the horn goes off, letting some one know there is a child in the car.

I have looked into getting a patent on something before, a board game I wrote, but these things are EXPENSIVE!!!!

Do you have any million dollar ideas?
    sigpic
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Usually the best ideas are something that are so simple you look at it and think "what a great idea, why didn't I think of that" like those stupid things that people decorate their Crocs with...I think they are called gibbets or something like that and the person who created them sold the idea to Crocs and became a millionaire.

The one hole I could punch in your idea is that I don't think most parents would pay extra for it because in their minds, they wouldn't leave a baby unattended....and if they did by accident and an alarm went off so what? The parent is probably in Wal-Mart and wouldn't know anyway until it is too late. I see car alarms go off all the time and I don't go running to the car to see if somebody is hurt or anything, I just assume that somebody accidentally triggered their alarm which has been the case 100% of the time I have seen them go off.

The person who won the Inventors contest last year was very clever. It was a car seat that worked like a gyroscope. So if a crash occurred rather than the car seat hurling forward, the seat would actually swing around and stop the forward thrust. I don't know whatever happened to the invention or if it is in development but I know if I were ever to have a child again, I would pay extra for it if it worked as it appeared it would.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎