X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brown Bear
    Still Old School
    • Feb 14, 2008

New EMCE Ideas....

It's been a little while since there was a thread discussing "realistic" options for EMCE to pursue in the future.

I noticed a company called "Hot Topics" released Adventure Team GI Joe repro figures pretty darn affordable. If these guys can do it, why can't EMCE find a way to release 8" scale A-Team guys (inlcuding Bulletmen, Atomicman and even an Intruder on a Hulk body)?

Other 70's toys Mego-ized could be Pulsar and Hypnos, but I don't know how one goes about talking to Mattel.

I'd also like to see the LJN TV shows be done: Emergency, Rookies, SWAT.

In reality, EMCE could enjoy a long run from their Trek line alone, but I continue waiting to hear their "next big announcement".

What lines do you think we could actually see in 2009?
    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home
  • Timothy2251
    Jerks beef with Ten Bears
    • Mar 15, 2008

I'd like to see EMCE meet with Games Workshop - who wouldn't want some 8" - 9" Warhammer 40K Space Marines and Terminators?
    Or howsabout a line of Fantasy/Pulp Heroes and Villains? I needs an Elric, a John Carter, and a Doc Savage! The rights to them should be fairly cheap to acquire, yes?

Ah, but we need some better name recognition stuff. How about talking to Clive Barker and getting the rights to Hellraiser? Or... continuing on the monster theme, rights to make Jason from Friday the 13th, Freddy Kruger, etc.?
    "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• Mego Milk
      Custom Mego Maker
      • Jun 3, 2007

Flash Gordon?
      KISS?
      or
      Action Jackson?

Comment

• GSPUSA
        General Patton
        • Apr 9, 2005

I'd like to see Hawaii FiveO and The Rockford Files.
        It

Comment

• Cosmicman
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 12, 2005

Don't hold your breath on some of those 70's televison series figures. If EMCE is going to make new "lines" they most likely will pick a series of figures that will sell well. It wouldn't probably be a good idea to make figures for the short lived Emergancy or A-team. EMCE would lose money before they even get the check out carts added to the website.
          Most likely if they do new "lines" they will tackle things that they know they can make a profit off. Star Trek was a brilliant idea. I would almost bet they keep adding new Star Trek figures to the mix before they create a new line of figures.
          More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• megocrazy
            Museum Trouble Maker
            • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Brown Bear
            It's been a little while since there was a thread discussing "realistic" options for EMCE to pursue in the future.

I noticed a company called "Hot Topics" released Adventure Team GI Joe repro figures pretty darn affordable. If these guys can do it, why can't EMCE find a way to release 8" scale A-Team guys (inlcuding Bulletmen, Atomicman and even an Intruder on a Hulk body)?
            Hasbro made these for Hot Topics. The same way EMCE is making figures for Diamond. The only difference is Diamond owns the license for Trek. Hasbro holds the license for GI Joe. There is no way Hasbro would allow any one else to make GI Joe figures.
            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by Wrathdemon
              Don't hold your breath on some of those 70's televison series figures. If EMCE is going to make new "lines" they most likely will pick a series of figures that will sell well. It wouldn't probably be a good idea to make figures for the short lived Emergancy or A-team. EMCE would lose money before they even get the check out carts added to the website.
              Most likely if they do new "lines" they will tackle things that they know they can make a profit off. Star Trek was a brilliant idea. I would almost bet they keep adding new Star Trek figures to the mix before they create a new line of figures.
              I disagree with you. NOTLD isn't exactly known as a HUGE merchandise seller. I've never even seen the movie. Those old TV shows are releasing box set DVDs all over, so there still must be some market for them.

I agree that Star Trek is a no-brainer, but I'm betting EMCE is not yet in a position to pick and choose what liscense they want next.

The A-Team would be an awesome choice.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• GSPUSA
                General Patton
                • Apr 9, 2005

I would be interested in The A-Team for sure.
                It

Comment

• GSPUSA
                  General Patton
                  • Apr 9, 2005

I'd also be interested in Magnum P.I. and other shows I grew up watching as I did with StarTrek, even though most StarTrek episodes were re-runs by the time I was old enough to understand what I was watching.
                  It

Comment

• The Bat
                    Batman Fanatic
                    • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Wrathdemon

That's the safe Money...there's no shortage of Star Trek Collectors & Fans! And nothing would make Me happier...then to see EMCE continue expanding the Trek line:TV accurate Romulan, M13 Salt Vampire, Gary Mitchell(w/silver Eyes), TV accurate Klingons(Kor, Kang, Koloth), Yeoman Rand, Nurse Chapel, Orion Slave Girl(Brady Sculpt) etc...

So keep Em' coming Guys!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                      I disagree with you. NOTLD isn't exactly known as a HUGE merchandise seller. I've never even seen the movie. Those old TV shows are releasing box set DVDs all over, so there still must be some market for them.

I agree that Star Trek is a no-brainer, but I'm betting EMCE is not yet in a position to pick and choose what liscense they want next.

The A-Team would be an awesome choice.
                      It's not so much a choice of picking and choosing as to how much a license costs to get. If the license for the A-team costs $25,000 (a guess). There are 4 main characters. You produce 3000 of each figure. Your out over $2.00per figure before you even start tooling the heads. They are also restricted on certain levels as to which characters they can make. ie: Mego could not make the Heston likeness because even though they had the Apes license they did not have permission from the actor to use his likeness for a figure. I assume it was a money issue, much as I assume it is nowadays. So if Mr T owns the rights to his likeness, it's more $$ or no BA Baracus. NOTLD was a dream of Doc's partner and enough of the necessary chips fell into place to make it a reality. The difference with the DVD's is they are being released by the people that own the licenses. There are no licensing fees. They are also making a huge amount of them. If every Wal Mart, Circuit City, Best Buy, and Target, buy just two of each set it's enough to justify producing it. Hence the reason we see some stuff produced that make you scratch your head and wonder why? Almost any license that is not already secured, can be had, it's just being able to make a profit with it.
                      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• ZICA
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by megocrazy
                        It's not so much a choice of picking and choosing as to how much a license costs to get. If the license for the A-team costs $25,000 (a guess). . . .
                        That's a very accurate guess. I was looking into getting the license to do toys based on an 80's TV show that's owned my Warner Brothers and just to get the ball rolling the fee was $25K.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

The Addams Family, Man from Uncle, and Batman 1966 is my ultimate pipe dream from someone.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ZICA
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            The Addams Family, Man from Uncle, and Batman 1966 is my ultimate pipe dream from someone.
                            The sad thing about the 1966 Batman TV show is that most, if not all, of the fans will probably be dead and gone before the license is finally out of its legal mess.

Comment

• mitchedwards
                              Mego Preservation Society
                              • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by GSPUSA
                              I'd also be interested in Magnum P.I. and other shows I grew up watching as I did with StarTrek, even though most StarTrek episodes were re-runs by the time I was old enough to understand what I was watching.
                              I would be 1st in line to buy any new Magnum PI figures.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎