X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

Big Jim-Captain America KitBash

So I wanted to see how well the FC Cap outfit would fit one of my Big Jim's. I put it on and Wowo I thought how cool is this. Haven't decided if i want to paint the head Blonde or just get a Blonde Big Jim. I have no clue how to make a mask for him or If I paint him blonde just leave him as Steve Rogers. Any which way now i only wished mattel would have had the rights to do superheroes. It would have been a fun line.

• REMOVED
    • Apr 18, 2024

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
    So I wanted to see how well the FC Cap outfit would fit one of my Big Jim's. I put it on and Wowo I thought how cool is this. Haven't decided if i want to paint the head Blonde or just get a Blonde Big Jim. I have no clue how to make a mask for him or If I paint him blonde just leave him as Steve Rogers. Any which way now i only wished mattel would have had the rights to do superheroes. It would have been a fun line.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...r/101_0531.jpg
    cool. they have really appropriately muscular hero bodies...

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Yup that's why I love Big Jim's and he poses great very Jack Kirby like......man too bad mattel didn't do heroes. Imagine Kirby Captain America Artwork on the box! woohoo

Comment

• BlackKnight
        The DarkSide Customizer
        • Apr 16, 2005

Thats Great. If you figured outta way to make a Removable cowl,.. that would be sweet,.. he sooooooo looks like Steve Rogers,.. just paint his hair yellow.
        ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Megospidey
          Museum Webslinger
          • Jul 26, 2006

I like him as is...no mask. Either paint his hair or change out the head like you were talking about and leave him as Steve Rogers.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
            OH JES!!
            • Jul 21, 2005

Yeah I'm going to look for a Blonde Big Jim first and see. I like the idea of leaving it as Steve Rogers and paint the head. I may look for a Motorcycle helmet that fits and turn that into his helmet that would be so 70's.Thanks.

Something like this would be so cool!

Last edited by kingdom warrior; Jun 15, '08, 7:55 PM.

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Man, the FC's really screwed up that suit with the giganto star. That suit looks much better on that guy than on the fc, tho.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

I think that's how the marvel artist were drawing Cap at the time. big star, big A, and those facial expressions like cap was passing a bowling ball through his butt.....

Comment

• LadyZod
                  Superman's Gal Pal
                  • Jan 27, 2007

I didn't mind the famous covers figures... much. The heads though, geez. It's like the guy sculpting the heads had a seizure in the middle of it, and the production team was like "Eh, close enough. Those kids will be so hopped up on candy and cake they'll never notice."
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                  Check out my art:
                  Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                  Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

Yup they totally screwed up the Faces...That had alot to do with the Image style of art that sucked and everyone mimicked. The only one that had to have a smaller head was Ironman because of the helmet....and the women were Horrible looking.

Comment

• david_b
                      Never had enough toys..
                      • May 9, 2008

That's really pretty awesome ~ I'll have to do the same..! Thanks for the SUPER kitbash ~

david b.
                      Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎