X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessica
    fortune favors the bold
    • Nov 5, 2007

Belt loops pictorial

OK. Understandably, there may be other better and easier ways, but this is how I made mine, and until I find an easier way to do it, it's going to have to stay that way...The photos are for a 1:6 scale figure, but the same thing can be done for Mego scale.

First, you start with a thin strip of cloth and dot glue/or spread a thin layer on the wrong side edge of it:

Then you do the exact same thing on the opposite side, kind of like folding a piece of paper into thirds. The point is that you want to make sure that your belt loop does not show any raw edges.

You attach the belt loop to the waistband (that's already sewn onto the pants). I like to punch through the middle of the belt loop, and usually end up using four tiny stitches. That way the belt loop should not be pulled off unless you use a lot of force:

You can make several of these strips of belt loops and have plenty of them going on at the same time. I am lazy, so I bend down the belt loop and attach to the other side of the pants. Looks almost like a cool purse, huh?

And for the best and most satisfying part, cut off with extremely sharp small scissors to the height of your waistband. You should end up with the most professional-looking store bought kind of belt loop (hopefully!):

Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
    Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
    1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
    1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

Very Nice Jessica.
    Looks very cool. Kuddo's.
    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• jessica
      fortune favors the bold
      • Nov 5, 2007

Forgot to mention that this is not for "working belt loops." That will require another pictorial.
      Those who look outside dream. Those who look within awake.
      Samples of my work are found here: Life, Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness

To do list:
      1:6 boots for Mathilda, 1:1 Romulan Commander outfit, Ursus helmet; Cornelius appliance
      1:9 scale ape's new suit for Cornelius;

Comment

• megojim
        Permanent Member
        • Oct 13, 2001

great job! . . . . that body looks like my own
        -jim
        My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Great idea, I've done something very close to that a few times.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎