X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Logan's Run-The Movie?

Has anyone tried...or thought about getting the Lincense for "Logan's Run" the Movie? Doc Mego? David Lee?

Just wondering...I love to see some China made Logan 5's(Michael York) & cast(Hot Chick)! I would think it might be a fairly easy one to get...but what do I know?
    sigpic
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I agree,I'd love to see that as well
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• txteach
      Banned
      • Jun 17, 2005

A new movie is in the works so I don't know how easy it would be for the small guy to get the property. I bet they will be looking around.

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
        Pat Troughton in disguise
        • Nov 21, 2007

How about doc Savage...that'd be a cool line
        ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• Boris71
          GeekBot' For Life
          • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by Bo8a_Fett
          How about doc Savage...that'd be a cool line
          I agree that would be a great line to do especially if the take the books and comics versions of the faboulous 5

Saying that though a ron ely version would be so cool
          Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• Boris71
            GeekBot' For Life
            • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by txteach
            A new movie is in the works so I don't know how easy it would be for the small guy to get the property. I bet they will be looking around.
            I thought they did a remake of this and called it "The Island"

Comment

• The Bat
              Batman Fanatic
              • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Boris71
              I thought they did a remake of this and called it "The Island"

No question about it....total RIP!!
              sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ Nahhh, The Island was a rip off of parts: The clonus horror. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078062/
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• LadyZod
                  Superman's Gal Pal
                  • Jan 27, 2007

Wasn't Brian Singer supposed to helm the Logan's Run remake... BEFORE Superman Returns tanked? I think WB would be shopping that baby around to prevent another box office boo boo.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
                  Check out my art:
                  Art Portfolio@Redbubble
                  Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• megocrazy
                    Museum Trouble Maker
                    • Feb 18, 2007

Even without the new movie, I doubt the demand for Logan's Run would support the cost of tooling for the three heads alone. That's not counting the accessories molds and suit design. The reasoning behind properties like Trek and Apes is the huge fan following they have in addition to the toy collector following. The mego fan base is not even close to being able to support the costs of doing a run of figures. Even if every registered member of the MM bought one figure each it wouldn't sell out the whole run. Of the registered members, I would guess, less than a third are regularly active members. There needs to be other sources of revenue to justify laying out the production money. Logan's Run and Doc Savage just don't have that kind of fan support. It would be cool, but unlikely.
                    It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

^^^ I disagree on Doc Savage, there are reprints of his old pulps selling well, and a tie in to that market would do pretty good.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Boris71
                        GeekBot' For Life
                        • May 13, 2007

I don't know about that, there are a lot of sci-fi fans out there and logans run is considered a classic, plus you have the potential to do both movie and tv figures there, and the sandman and jessica outfits don't require a lot of design, the basic ape tousers and trek shirt in black would do, and once again doc savage does go beyond to a cult status the comics always did ok, same as a version of the league of extrodinary gentlemen could be done as you could do the characters without infringing on allan more or the movie

Comment

• johnmiic
                          Adrift
                          • Sep 6, 2002

As Logan's Run goes, we would all like to see official figures made but while you are waiting for it to happen consider this: Logan's Run the TV series can't even get released on DVD. The reason likely is that the studio that owns it probably thinks it won't sell enough tio justify the cost of transferring the episodes to DVD. There just aren't enough fans out there to buy that series released in a set. You could translate that theory to toys. A marginally acclaimed SF film and litle seen SF TV series with a small cult following doesn't translate into big money. I think studios are short-sighted to view things this way but that's how they see it.
                          Last edited by johnmiic; Jun 17, '08, 3:16 AM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

I wonder.
                            What would be the possibilities of a group of forum-members pooling their resources and having one of our (semi-)professionals actually produce a certain figure(-line)?

I know, it's probably wishful thinking, but how cool would it be to actually be a driving force behind this?
                            Licencing is always an issue, true. that's the killer, I guess.

But the question remains: how much $$$ for an X-amount of a certain figure?
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Boris71
                              GeekBot' For Life
                              • May 13, 2007

johnmiic I hear what you are saying and I agree with that, you see so much good stuff getting passed by as it isn't seen as comercial enough, but I have to say that a company liks DST could do this as they are always going for the neich market, and logans run, and doc savage etc would fall into that catagory IMO

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎