X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Red Hood or Winter Soldier?

Yeah, I know folks are pretty vocal about the return of Jason Todd and Bucky. We've heard it before, so we don't need to rehash it here. They are back and the genie doesn't look like it's going back into the bottle any time soon given the sales figures.

For those of you who have been following these storylines in Batman and Captain America, which one do you prefer?
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I think the Winter Soldier storyline makes more sense as opposed to the return of Jason Todd which was explained away as the result of Superboy-Prime pounding on the wall (more or less)...
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
      Stays Crunchy in Milk
      • Aug 2, 2004

I was into both back from the dead stories. Batman kept getting interupted with all of the DC events going on and was harder to follow. Winter Soldier was flawless. If you'd asked me if I wanted either of them back I'd have said no way, but both stories were so good that... forget about what I want.
      Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Bionic Joe
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 10, 2006

followed both,enjoyed both but the winter soldier was by far the better storyand is a better chacter with lots of promise, just hope marvel doesn't drop him in every title like they did with the punisher/wolverine/elektra

Comment

• brineb
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 26, 2006

Winter Soldier!!! I think the way they explained it was very cool, I was never a Jason Todd fan, but the Red Hood version is actually pretty good. All in all, I have to say I prefer Bucky!!!
          I also play with other dolls:
          http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The Sentry
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 3, 2007

Originally posted by brineb
            Winter Soldier!!! I think the way they explained it was very cool, I was never a Jason Todd fan, but the Red Hood version is actually pretty good. All in all, I have to say I prefer Bucky!!!
            I loved the whole story as well. I also like where they are going with it now too! Winter Solider going after Stark, I swear Bucky is a gangster man!
            sigpic
            http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
            https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
            [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• samurainoir
              Eloquent Member
              • Dec 26, 2006

I was listening to a podcast interview with Ed Brubaker recently, and he made an interesting comment about how Bucky probably doesn't think he himself deserves to put on his mentor's uniform, even though he's the most likely Captain America candidate at this point. Couple this with the fact that there would be a good chance that he'd beat the crap out of anyone who tried to replace Cap.
              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Honestly, I haven't read either way. But from what I've heard, and with Brubaker's involvement, Bucky's return was done well. Jason's was an afterthought. I'm convinced DC really inteded Jason to be Hush, but got cold feet once it leaked out (think Captain Atom and Monarch 16 years ago). Then they said "Hey, maybe we SHOULD bring him back". And then Winnick proceeded to do so with no rationale for how and why. So we got the lame Super-punch.

Poor Jason, continuity glitches have been screwing that boy over for 20 years.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Then they said "Hey, maybe we SHOULD bring him back". And then Winnick proceeded to do so with no rationale for how and why. So we got the lame Super-punch.
                  Yeah Winnick was the wrong guy to hand this kind of storyline too...

Poor Jason, continuity glitches have been screwing that boy over for 20 years.
                  Right! Remember the original Crisis rebooted his origin so he was a kid stealing tires off the Batmobile instead of a circus performer? I like his original origin better even though it mirrored Dick Grayson/Robin's. That was a great storyline with Killer Croc and all of Batman's foes battling him (Detective 526?), some nice Don Newton art, and then it was all thrown away in favor of the "bad" Jason.
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎