PDA

View Full Version : Cast-a-Way Toyfare Spread! Awe shucks!

David Lee
Jun 13, '08, 10:10 PM
http://www.captainactionnow.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/toyfare132cap1.jpg
http://www.captainactionnow.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/toyfare132cap1-218x300.jpg

BlackKnight
Jun 13, '08, 10:44 PM
Very Cool Dave.... But where's the "BK Shot" ? :smiley1: :silly:
I think this is a Great time For Mego Collectors. I never thought in a Million Yrs that ToyFare would be profiling back to back to back to back Months of New 8" cloth figures in the Last 4 issues. It's fantastic. Kuddo's to you, Jason & Doc Mego. This is just too cool. I applaude Everyone's efforts. :yes:

The Toyroom
Jun 13, '08, 10:49 PM
Congrats Dave!

miguet
Jun 13, '08, 11:21 PM
Congrats Dave on Toyfare spread!

Bo8a_Fett
Jun 13, '08, 11:50 PM
Congrats Dave...does this mean you've found a material to make Phantom's chair?

thunderbolt
Jun 14, '08, 4:36 AM
^^^Man, I hope so.

Type3Toys
Jun 14, '08, 6:30 AM
Way to go Dave and Jason!

DocDrako
Jun 14, '08, 6:40 AM
I took this issue home and told my wife, "See these? I'm totally buying these." She responded with, "Okay." My wife is awesome. And so are these figures. I can't wait to own them, especially Dr Eville. That's right, Dr Eville is my favorite one. But I still want them all. Not to mention Achmed. Even though he isn't shown here, I still want that freaky cool looking villain. Good to know Toyfare recognizes the awesomeness of these figures.

:2thumbsup:

The Bat
Jun 14, '08, 7:02 AM
Yup!! I agree...it's a GREAT time to be a Mego Collector/Customizer!! So much good stuff comming...awesome Job Guys!!:yes:

Action Martin
Jun 14, '08, 7:30 AM
So the Phantom has passed the KFS licensing hurdle?

David Lee
Jun 14, '08, 8:07 AM
So the Phantom has passed the KFS licensing hurdle?

99 %:silly: We still owe them factory samples and then it's on to packaging approval... After seeing what Chris is cooking up though, I would say it's a slam dunk!

They are very pleased with this initial offering but I mean heck, look who's worked on it... Charlee Flatt, Cory Wood, Scott Fensterer, Brian Leitner, Dave and Gail Lepage, and of course Chris Franklin! Add Jason's fantastic throne and my charm* and devilish good looks* and approval is a forgone conclusion:rotfl:

-Dave

*Charm and Devilish good looks, subject to availability, and my require copious amounts of alcohol to achieve desired levels. Results not guaranteed not valid in conjunction with any other special offers. Not available in in all 50 states Sorry Tenneseee

Action Martin
Jun 14, '08, 8:10 AM
Cool! I hope this leads to some Flash Gordon goodness.

The Bat
Jun 14, '08, 8:41 AM
Cool! I hope this leads to some Flash Gordon goodness.

I'll 2nd that!(with a non-removable Mask).

Action Martin
Jun 14, '08, 8:45 AM
I'll 2nd that!(with a non-removable Mask).

Oh yeah!

I'm hoping that Castaway does a Flash Gordon stand alone line like they have planned for the Phantom.

David Lee
Jun 14, '08, 9:36 AM
Oh yeah!

I'm hoping that Castaway does a Flash Gordon stand alone line like they have planned for the Phantom.

If we get the opportunity to create Flash Gordon figures ,whether we make a CA costume or not, it will defiantly be in a stand alone capacity and in the Alex Raymond style... How's that?:silly:

-Dave

Action Martin
Jun 14, '08, 9:52 AM
If we get the opportunity to create Flash Gordon figures ,whether we make a CA costume or not, it will defiantly be in a stand alone capacity and in the Alex Raymond style... How's that?:silly:

PERFECT!

The Phantom
Jun 14, '08, 10:46 AM
When are the accessories going to be available?

toys2cool
Jun 14, '08, 10:49 AM
awesome,congrats bro

David Lee
Jun 14, '08, 10:56 AM
When are the accessories going to be available?

Que? We have several accessories on the table right now, but the Phantom's accessories will only be available as part of the Phantom figure and CA Phantom costume, these won't be sold seperately.

Our new Gloves, boots and bodies will be available very shortly...

-Dave

The Bat
Jun 14, '08, 12:20 PM

-Dave

YES! Agreed....PERFECT!:wink_y:

Mr Havoc
Jun 14, '08, 1:47 PM
Can I still get in and get a set I totally spaced off the date I had to have an order in. I am dieing here man. Thanks

David Lee
Jun 14, '08, 2:01 PM
Can I still get in and get a set I totally spaced off the date I had to have an order in. I am dieing here man. Thanks

unfortunatly the Early Birds are done... but the regular pre-order for standard figures are up and running at the site (http://www.castawaytoys.com).

-Dave

txteach
Jun 14, '08, 2:09 PM
Your stuff is fantastic David. Any other properties you trying to get in the works? I sure hope the early birds ship on time. Between you guys and EMCE I need a new room to display my stuff.

thunderbolt
Jun 14, '08, 5:25 PM
The prospect of Alex Raymond Gordon stuff is great!

David Lee
Jun 14, '08, 6:31 PM
Your stuff is fantastic David. Any other properties you trying to get in the works? I sure hope the early birds ship on time. Between you guys and EMCE I need a new room to display my stuff.

You and me both brother...

As for new stuff, I better not speak out of turn too much. Jason has some great ideas and together we have some cool stuff a' brewin:smiley3:
Lame, I know... but it's the best I got right now...

-Dave

Dave Mc
Jun 14, '08, 8:53 PM
Nice coverage Dave. Congrats!

AcroRay
Jun 14, '08, 9:12 PM
That's too cool. I do love that Phantom figure! [Used to read The Phantom in my local newspaper at my grandpap's gas station every morning before school while I was waiting for the bus.

Earth 2 Chris
Jun 14, '08, 9:51 PM
Congrats guys! That's almost a whole page of just Cast-A-Way awesomeness!!!

Chris

SlipperyLilSuckers
Jun 16, '08, 5:12 AM
How exciting! Congrats Dave.

REMOVED
Jun 16, '08, 6:15 AM
Nice spread. Congratulations...