X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DocDrako
    Formerly Doc Drako
    • Nov 11, 2004

World's Lamest Super-Heroes! (and more)

I don't know how long it's been since I posted a custom. I believe it was my Pumaman custom on the previous Museum board. Well, I finally got a nice camera that I can't use right, and I got some shots of my recent custom work which is in keeping with the title of this post. I tend to invent my own characters, so most of them are being seen for the first time anywhere in all of their lameness. Please refrain from throwing rotten fruit or eggs at me. I must warn you now as to the complete lameness of the customs. I like doing lame customs because in point of fact, I have mediocre talent at customs at best.

First up is Wisconsin Smith, a complete rip-off of a famous archaeologist. I thought it would be funny if there was a guy that tried to get in on Indy's popularity.

He's made using a Doc Mego body, CTVT Blackbeard head, CTVT cowboy shirt, Mego Waltons pants, Mego boots (I think), CTVT holster and gun, Leather Jacket from some large-headed Barbie knockoff, black cowboy hat from Michaels, and about 7 minutes work. I'll eventually give him a whip and maybe a new name. Nebraska Adams? Mississippi Moore?

Next up is an unnamed villain that I created.

He's a special creation in that I took an old poseable wrestling figure, removed the upper chest, arms and head and cut a CTVT torso to fit on the abdomen of the wrestling body. I glued it in place, strung on some even older Goldberg arms, added a gloved hand (he has 5 fingers but the angle looks like 4) and the burned up Superman head that I got in a box of Mego parts a couple Christmases ago. I gave him the outfit from a CTVT Space 1999 figure (Balor I think), and a modified belt I got somewhere. A CTVT Black Knight helmet and a cool mechanical hand (seen in the second pic) added the final touches to this guy. The mechanical hand if anyone is interested, came off of a weapon from some cheap 3 3/4 inch He-Man knockoff figure set from Big Lots.

And finally, a Marvel Comics character, Ghost Rider...

For him, I used a CTVT Reaper. I replaced the arms with some modified CTVT arms with Marvel Legends Ghost Rider hands attached. They seem small, but I did it under the impression that since his hands are skeletal, they'd be smaller than a regular Mego's hands. I don't know if I'll leave it that way or give him CHiPs hands. CTVT Fonzie jacket, modern Action Jackson pants, modified 12" GI Joe belt, Doc Mego boots, a shirt secreted away from one of my wife's Barbies (I needed it okay?) Some craft chain my wife surprised me with and for his flaming uh...flames, I used the flames off of a Pez knockoff Human Torch. They look kinda like Jell-O flames, but still very Mego-y IMHO. He originally had a plastic chain that seemed more Mego-y, but my wife wanted me to use the chrome chain so I did. In the end I think she was right.

I guess these would be considered kitbashed more than customs. But I like to call them customs just because it feeds my need to be a customizer like so many awesome people here at the Museum. I am always amazed at the customs I see here and it sucks that I can't come close to the quality I see posted here. I'm shooting for mediocre because it gives me a goal I might actually be able to attain, and it's a low enough standard that I won't feel too bad if I fail. I hope you enjoyed the customs, and any suggestions will be appreciated and applied in the future.

Please tell me what you think and be honest. I value your opinions.

"I prefer to remain an enigma."

DRAKO'S GOOD TRADERS LIST
  • Megospidey
    Museum Webslinger
    • Jul 26, 2006

Other than the lighting in the pictures, all three are fantastic! Being a Marvel guy, I really like Ghost Rider....but Wisconsin Smith is very creative.

Keep cranking them out Doc...

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

I like Evil Burnt Head Helmet Guy!!!
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

I agree,I think all 3 looks really cool
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• spiderrogue
          new mego-er
          • Feb 3, 2008