X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Shrinking my head

Okay, let's say, hypothetically, I'd like to do a small production run of a custom figure for next near's Meet, maybe twenty or so. I have a 12 inch figure I'd like to make Mego-sized. How much is involved with casting, shrinking and producing that amount of heads? I don't have the first, second or third clue how this process works. I know there are tutorials available and I could probably do it, but I want it to look good.

I was hoping some of you here who do this on a regular basis could lend me some insight. I was hoping to get an estimate on costs, materials and other expenses involved. If it's going to be way out there, I'll hold off. I have zero desire to make a profit, just to break even. Just wondering if anyone has suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Scott
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • spiderrogue
    new mego-er
    • Feb 3, 2008

the molding and casting part is pretty easy with practice....i dont have any experience with shrinking or the like...but there are a ton of talented folks on here that know how to do that part....my costs for what i use, when i mold/cast..i do about 4 head molds...for about 20-25 bucks(with coupon for my stuff)...and resin, i can do about 20-30 heads for about 10-15 bucks(with coupon from hobby lobby)...but that is just what i use and pay...im sure that it all depends on what everyone else uses too...

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎