X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megomaniac75
    • Jun 9, 2008

Mego-Like 8 inch figure

Hello All,

I am new to doing customs and in the past I bought an 8-inch mego male body and compared it to an 8-inch power ranger from 1993. I found that the body proportions were smaller than the power ranger although both are "8-inches." If anyone knows what I'm talking about, what other mego-like 8 inch bodies are out there that have bigger proportions for legs, arms, etc?

Thank You
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Mego were pretty darned close to 8 inches when the head is attached. Many companies have borrowed the terminology of 8 inches or 1/9 scale when they really are closer to 9 inches, or 1/8 scale.

Comment

• Merlyn1976
      Fist of Khonshu
      • Mar 29, 2005

Originally posted by Hulk
      Mego were pretty darned close to 8 inches when the head is attached. Many companies have borrowed the terminology of 8 inches or 1/9 scale when they really are closer to 9 inches, or 1/8 scale.
      Megos were around 8 inches head and all...most of the newer stuff is 8 inches with just the body (head not included...)

CustoMego Body charts
      "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎