X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterdroid
    Banned
    • Jan 10, 2008

Megomeet rules!

Just got back home from the meet. What a great weekend... Thanks to all attendees for making a socially awkward first timer feel welcome!
    Now I am gonna unwind after 2 days of Mego talk and beers with a beer and some Mego talk...
    I'll see you all next year!

...although next time I'm flying! 16 hours of round trip driving is more than my childlike attention span can take.
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Ditto
    I was a newbie also and I can say the same. You are a great bunch of people.
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I'm really burned out from the drive and the whole lack of sleep thing but I'm itching to elaborate on my great experience this past weekend. In short, it was really fun and inspiring to see the new and old faces this weekend, nothing but positive things came from it and I am very glad to have made the drive.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

wow, just curious, how long did it take you to get there? how many miles/hours?

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Usually it takes me 6 hours of highway but this year it took me 8 each way. I blame an antique mall in Buffalo and my bladder on the delays...
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• JDeRouen
            Author of Small Things
            • Jun 14, 2001

Brian, of course, has the bladder of a little girl.
            --
            Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• starsky
              veteran member
              • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
              Usually it takes me 6 hours of highway but this year it took me 8 each way. I blame an antique mall in Buffalo and my bladder on the delays...
              that's definitely a good drive! btw got the stuff thanks!!

Comment

• starsky
                veteran member
                • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                Brian, of course, has the bladder of a little girl.
                i used to be able to do a long drive like that with only one bathroom stop, but now impossible! my bladder aint what it used to be!! the effects of ageing i guess

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

When I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to have a list of rules for mego meet.

Which- by the way mister droid - the first rule of mego meet is: We don't talk about mego meet.
                  I think you all know the second rule.

At any rate - glad you could make it!!!!

Comment

• Flynne
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jan 22, 2003

It was a pleasure to meet you both, and glad you had a great time. Also - any woman who will still be seen with you in public after you've donned a life size AJ suit (on film, no less) is obviously a keeper.

Congrats on the Stately Caverns pickup - that set is unbelieveable!

I, too, drove for 15 1/2 hours (one way) the first year, coming from Wichita, Kansas and yes, the drive really is that bad. I've flown now every year since the first Meet and it's worth every single penny It's tough though to get some of the larger purchases on the plane, but being home in about half the time is just too great to pass up.

Again, great to meet you, and I look forward to seeing you again next year.
                    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• Hulk
                      Mayor of Megoville
                      • May 10, 2003

Great meeting you both! New faces and enthusiasm really help inspire those of us who have been to all of them. Thanks for attending!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎