Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you prep and implement the Ball joint head design?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SUP-Ronin
    Stuck in a laundry shoot.
    • Oct 8, 2007

How do you prep and implement the Ball joint head design?

Hi, I am hoping some kind soul will enlighten me on the finer points of the Ball Joint head option. I think I follow how it is attached but I don't know how you prep/create the ball part. For example, If I have a resin head with a regular neck plug, can I convert it to the ball style, and what is the recommended method? Will it work on a regular t2 bodystyle? What material is used? I need some pointers please help me. Thank you very very much.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."
  • SUP-Ronin
    • Oct 8, 2007

Anybody???

Bump.
    "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

I never use a ball joint; but it wouldn't be tough to cut the nect stem off, and add a half sphere to it. Craft shops have wooden spheres, and you can probably find one the right size. Cutting them is a pain. (If I was gonna make 'em I'd make a one part mold of the half-sphere at the mid point.) Glue the sphere on, and run an eyebolt with enough screw bit to go through the ball part AND the head. It'll help hold it all together. Prime, and paint. Run a band from the eyebolt to the hip piece to hold it in.

Don C.

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
        • Oct 8, 2007

I like that plan, and will give it a shot. Maybe I just need to figure out a method on my own using tips I glean from here. I am sure I can come up with something, but I'd rather not reinvent the wheel when there are experienced craft people here that can help. Thank you. Anybody else???

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Get BK in here.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• QDOGG
            Persistent Member
            • Jan 13, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Get BK in here.
            True dat

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢