Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mego Maverick
    • Apr 18, 2007

Help ID this gun?????

I hope this is the right place to put this post. I recently bought a lot of parts and such from a guy at a show who was a big Captain Action collector. The bag was mostly early GI Joe stuff (guns, life vests, boots, etc.) There were a couple of CA pieces as well as this gun. Everything appeared to be of a 60s origin. But I can not ID it for the life of me. My first instinct was Major Matt Mason but I can't find anything that looks close to it. Notice there is a little peg on the handle as if to fit in a hole in the figures's hand. any help would be appreciated.

• Sweep Secondhand
    Museum Super Collector
    • May 18, 2007

First off I say sure this is the place to come for help identifying classic toys! If collectors don'y help each other then we end up with sellers on eBay trying to pass Big Jim PACK pistols off as Major Matt Mason prototypes! I can't tell you for sure what this is but I can tell you it is not Matt Mason. If I had to venture an educated guess based on the size, color scheme, and design I would say it could be Billy Blastoff. He did have a space set that came with a lot of accessories. Anyone else have any ideas or recognize this?
    - Sweep

Comment

• Mego Maverick
      • Apr 18, 2007

Thanks for the info Sweep. I had never even heard of billy blastoff. Just did some looking though and now I know what he is. It seems in my circles of travel I usually come across early 80s and 70s toys. I very rarely come across anything from the 60s. So my knowledge is pretty slim in that era. I am also pretty positive it is not MMM and a friend of mine who is big in CA says he has never seen anything like it. So we can really rule those 2 lines out. The Billy Blastoff is a possibility although the way his hands were shaped would make it had to fit this gun with the peg. At least the way they looked in the pic. Anyone else got any ideas. Maybe I will learn of some more lines I did know existed

Comment

• Mego Maverick
        • Apr 18, 2007

Bump
        I know someone out there has to know where this gun came from.

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

I hate to post an I don't know but I just wanted to say that if everyone who had a question about some toy would post a quality pic with scale like youy did t it would make IDing easier.

So I admire your picture... but I don't know.

Comment

• jayihdz
            aaaggghhhh!
            • Mar 6, 2007

I dont know where this came from, but I like the gun for a Lex Luthor custom...

Comment

• Megosean
              Old School Megoer
              • Jun 2, 2007

It doesnt help but I have the exact same gun...
              I have way, way, way too many toys.
              http://www.toysyouhad.com

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎