X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

The Mego Suite - Open to All

The 4th Annual MegoSuite will once again be hosted by myself, with a special assist from MegoCrazy Chuck, who has offered himself up as my next door neighbor to allow a noise buffer and potential overflow space.

It is at the Super 8 where most of us are staying. The suite is the last room on the left at the very end of the first floor hallway. We usually convene there about 45 minutes or so after each evening's activities subside. We snag a couple dozen extra chairs from the conference room. and we needed them last year.

I provide basic chips, pretzels, beer, soda, etc. Some people bring their own, but we usually end up donating a couple cases to the housekeeping staff on Sunday.

Petty differences are set aside in the same spirit as MegoMeet itself. We are not Dealers, Purists, Customizers or Newbies, we're just a bunch of people having a good time. All are welcome and I hope all that can make it stop by, even if its just for a nightcap, soda or water before crashing or heading out of town.

Its a pleasure to host this part of MegoMeet and I think those who show up consider it a highlight. No trying to coordinate directions to a bar, no driving on unfamiliar roads after a long day and a couple drinks. And if you are a glutton for punishment, and sleep is something you don't find much use for, we usually end up pushing 4 am most nights.

I am scheduled to arrive a couple hours later than usual, as my flight lands Thursday at Pittsburgh around 5:30 pm. I may miss the early bird dinner (although the Wheeling Culinary Arts are not exactly something I look forward to anyway), so I will probably do some Mego Suite shopping and try to catch up with the gang after dinner.

If you have any questions about how to get to the MegoSuite when you are there, you can track me down or ask just about anyone at the Meet.

I should also have my cell phone with me. The number is 602 - 793 - 3488. Looking forward to seeing you all in Wheeling.

A look back at last year, although I will be sporting a touch more hair this year...

• Chris DVM
    Veterinarian Member
    • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by Hulk

A look back at last year, although I will be sporting a touch more hair this year...

http://megomuseum.com/albums/MegoMee...0117.sized.jpg
    Hey,
    . . .And I will have a touch less hair this year.
    Leaving for Lexington in 13 hours, then on to Wheeling in the morning. Look forward to seeing you all there!!
    Chris DVM
    "The more I get to know people, the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Dave Mc
      Administrator
      • Oct 20, 2002

If you bother to make the trip to WV, but skip out on the Megosuite, you're missing half the point of the trip. Don't be shy, don't wait for someone to grab you and bring you down, just pop in and hang as long as you like.

Once again, thanks to Paul for providing the place.

Comment

• txteach
        Banned
        • Jun 17, 2005

I did not go last year because I was staying at a different hotel but this year I'm at the super 8. I look forward to the afterparty.

Comment

• megojim
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 13, 2001

Thanks for Hosting Paul!! We promise not to pull a Motley Crue . . . . until very late on Saturday!
          -jim
          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks Paul! I think I will actually get to stop by this time!

Leaving for Lexington in 13 hours, then on to Wheeling in the morning. Look forward to seeing you all there!!
            Hey Chris, Lexington is just down the road from me! Welcome to the Bluegrass!

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

Last year was my first meet and this was definately a highlight for me. I admit I was nervous the first night but that quickly went away after about 5 seconds. And it doesn't matter if you get there at 7pm or 10pm or even midnight. Just come when you can.

And don't worry about remembering names. I still don't remember most peoples names. Do the id badges have both our real names and our museum ids?
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• megocrazy
                Museum Trouble Maker
                • Feb 18, 2007

Wow great shot of my belly there!!! Fortunately most of that will not be attending the meet this year!! That alone should allow room for 3 or 4 more people.
                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

Sounds like fun times ahead.... can't wait to hang out...

-Dave

Comment

• Flynne
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jan 22, 2003

You can't beat "the Suite Life". Oh, and sleep is for quitters!
                    An old Irish Blessing - "May those who love us, love us; and if they do not love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He does not turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles, that we may know them by their limping"

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

I'm leaving at 645 in the morning, which puts me at the airport around 5 am. I've got a 6 month old at home.

I'm coming to the Meet to GET SLEEP.
                      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

Good. If someone starts to cry we can send em your way. It's been a long time since I've had any young ones at home.
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Brue
                          User without title
                          • Sep 29, 2005

i really want to be part of this but i only visit with my wheeling friends a couple times a year and need to spend time with them. maybe i can make a quick stop at the suite.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I'm leaving at 645 in the morning, which puts me at the airport around 5 am. I've got a 6 month old at home.

I'm coming to the Meet to GET SLEEP.
                            I'm bringing my sleep deprivation WITH ME.

I'm so stupid.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hulk
                              Mayor of Megoville
                              • May 10, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
                              i really want to be part of this but i only visit with my wheeling friends a couple times a year and need to spend time with them. maybe i can make a quick stop at the suite.
                              Bring them with you, if they can stand that much geekiness in their town. Remember, we'll be up LATE.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎