X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steeler80
    Mayor of Strunk
    • Jun 29, 2001

Hasbro 12" Indy

I said the other day that I would post a couple of pictures of my Hasbro Indy. I don't know if you can call it a custom because I basically took the two Indy figures, combined the elements I liked from each and then weathered everything.

custom distressed Indy on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

custom distressed Indy on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
  • misterdroid
    Banned
    • Jan 10, 2008

Looks great! However I would ditch the big honkin' hasbro hands (because I personally hate them) and put it on a Dragon body, or even a cheap Power team super posable body.Both are better than the modern CC joe body and have normally proportioned hands. You may have to trim the neck opening for the head swap, but it will be well worth it.
    If you're interested in such a switch, I can send you a nice 1/6 body, gratis. Just PM me.

Comment

• Iron_fox85
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 14, 2008

pretty good. not mego---but pretty good. i purfer my talking indy.

In June Of 1938 A Hero Is Born...

Comment

• Steeler80
        Mayor of Strunk
        • Jun 29, 2001

Thanks very much for the offer, but I've been considering taking the SA body off the German soldier (much better hands) and use it for Indy. I hate the German head sculpt and thought I'd keep the outfit until a better figure comes along to put them on.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Looks good. Did you find a better gun or is that still the Hasbro one?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• garagesale
            Dept. of Mego Studies
            • Aug 8, 2006

Originally posted by Iron_fox85
            pretty good. not mego---but pretty good. i purfer my talking indy.
            My kids got me the talking Indy for my birthday last week. It is very cool, but I think they had to sacrifice a little of the Harrison Ford likeness in order to load up all the fancy mechanisms that make him talk and move his mouth. Still, it's really an unprecedented action figure in my experience!

JamesD

http://www.libarts.uco.edu/english/adjunct/dolph/

THANKS!

Comment

• Steeler80
              Mayor of Strunk
              • Jun 29, 2001

It's the Hasbro gun. They did a better job on the correlation of accessories this time out.

I like the action feature on the talking Indy myself but, like garagesale mentioned, since they used a rubber sculpt over the talking mechanism head, the sculpt is off. Besides, my daughter took to the talking one and carries it around.

I've thought about getting the Sideshow but really didn't want to spend the money. Now that I've distressed the Hasbro, I might just stick with it.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎