X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drmego
    EMCE Toys
    • Jun 15, 2001

Dr.Mego's Repros is undergoing repairs

Over the weekend the shopping cart software crashed on my website.

I can't complain - it has been running for 8 years without any
    maintenence - but I wanted to let everyone know because if
    anyone tries to enter The Shop now, you will see:

Sorry, Dr. Mego's Repros is closed for maintenance. We will re-open soon. Thanks

I am still in business and will have everything in stock at the 'meet
    this weekend. Miss the 'meet and you will kick yourself.

I will be arriving with Chuck Gregory and John Miic3 on Thursday -
    see you at the Super 8.
    www.drmego.com
    www.megoman.com
    www.emcetoys.com
  • Action Martin
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 30, 2007

Please give us a heads up when it re-opens. I have a nice little order for you.
    Scott

Comment

• Meule
      Verbose Member
      • Nov 14, 2004

Good thing I ordered last week
      "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Action Martin
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 30, 2007

Uh-oh.

I pointed a friend of mine from another forum to Doc's site. He is looking for a repro of a viking god helmet and hammer. He saw that the site was under repair so he e-mail Doc. I'm paraphrasing his response from Doc, "Dr. Mego has been warned by Marvel not to make any more Marvel products. So no more helmet and hammer. And Cap's shield will not have the star and stripes any further. Just a black disc."
        Scott

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

Originally posted by Action Martin
          Please give us a heads up when it re-opens. I have a nice little order for you.

"heads up" pun intended?!?!?!

Comment

• SUP-Ronin
            Stuck in a laundry shoot.
            • Oct 8, 2007

Uh-oh.

I pointed a friend of mine from another forum to Doc's site. He is looking for a repro of a viking god helmet and hammer. He saw that the site was under repair so he e-mail Doc. I'm paraphrasing his response from Doc, "Dr. Mego has been warned by Marvel not to make any more Marvel products. So no more helmet and hammer. And Cap's shield will not have the star and stripes any further. Just a black disc."
            G.D.P.O.S. Bloody B**tards - More things I prefer: Not having corporate lawyers around.
            "Steel-like jaws clacked away, each bite slashing flesh from my body - I used my knife and my hands, and when they were gone, my bloody stumps - and yet the turtles came."

Comment

• Bionic Joe
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 10, 2006

Uh-oh.

Dang this sucks big time as i was about to order a repo Cap sheild, But i fail to see how marvel and claim rights to a viking hammer and helmet

Comment

• SoulSinger
                Singer Of Mego Love
                • Oct 22, 2007

Why is it that people have to be that way? If it is keeping pennies from them in royalties, why don't they make the stuff them selves? If they think it makes any money and don't want to make it them selves, why not license doc? ***? After all, these are aftermarket repair parts for things that are from 35 years ago. If anything, it keeps interest going in "their" characters.

Bob

Comment

• batgirl
                  Crime fighter
                  • Mar 29, 2007

They suck.
                  They dont know how to have fun and dont want anyone else to have any either.

Comment

• The Sentry
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 3, 2007

Okay Doc! Trappy and I will totally see you there! I got alot of stuff to get!
                    sigpic
                    http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                    [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• Action Martin
                      Persistent Member
                      • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by spockfan74
                      i was about to order a repo Cap sheild
                      Same here.

Originally posted by spockfan74
                      But i fail to see how marvel and claim rights to a viking hammer and helmet
                      Visually or intellectually copyright? While named differently those items are clearly Marvel designs.
                      Scott

Comment

• megocrazy
                        Museum Trouble Maker
                        • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by SoulSinger
                        Why is it that people have to be that way? If it is keeping pennies from them in royalties, why don't they make the stuff them selves? If they think it makes any money and don't want to make it them selves, why not license doc? ***? After all, these are aftermarket repair parts for things that are from 35 years ago. If anything, it keeps interest going in "their" characters.

Bob
                        I agree. While it would be no major monetary winfall for companies their size, they could have easily written a contract for a fee of each sale and limited it to only reproductions of the stuff mego made, and allowed Doc to continue selling these items. Probably for no more than drafting the C&D letter cost them. It would have had no affect on any of their toy licenses, and they could have put expiration dates on the contract in the event they decided to use some form of them in the future. It probably would have netted them some good press, at least from the toy community, that is in general at least fans of their comic properties wether it be in comic books sales or movie attendees. That's just not the way big companies think, so I'm sure it never entered their minds.
                        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• mitchedwards
                          Mego Preservation Society
                          • May 2, 2003

Best of luck getting it fixed

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• Meule
                            Verbose Member
                            • Nov 14, 2004

Visually or intellectually copyright? While named differently those items are clearly Marvel designs.
                            Like hell they are. Thor is a mythical figure and vikings were around from 790 to about 1000 AD. Nothing about the Marvel character is original. Doc Mego could create a viking warrior with those parts and there's nothing Marvel could do about it
                            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• sauce
                              Removed
                              • Jun 24, 2007

^^^word word word!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡