X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

Article on dog fighting

There are different degrees of evil in the world. Human hurting/killing humans I think ranking first. But Human hurting/killing animals for betting purposes and just general all round "good times" ranks a close second.

What kind of a person looks at a dog and thinks "I can't wait to get that dog to fight another dog to the death"? What kind of a person says " I think I'll bet on a dog fight tonight"?And yet, here's another article about that sort of thing going on.

mego73@hotmail.com
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I hate that crap,I can't tolerate animal abuse.I think if you abuse an animal you should get the same punishment as if you did it to a person,like when you kill a Police K-9 dog,you get punished just as if you killed a police officer,works for me
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• txteach
      Banned
      • Jun 17, 2005

Evil people get pleasure from watching animals kill each other, pure and simple.

Comment

• bobbait
        What, me worry?
        • Jun 9, 2005

may they all burn in hell!!
        sigpic

Comment

• megoat
          A Therefore Experience
          • Jun 10, 2003

Originally posted by txteach
          Evil people get pleasure from watching animals kill each other, pure and simple.
          Does this mean I'm going to hell for watching and enjoying Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom?

Comment

• Merlyn1976
            Fist of Khonshu
            • Mar 29, 2005

Originally posted by megoat
            Does this mean I'm going to hell for watching and enjoying Mutual Of Omaha's Wild Kingdom?
            Big difference between animals killing for sustenance and animals killing for some jerk's twisted pleasure....
            "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

I like watching cat fights

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
                Stays Crunchy in Milk
                • Aug 2, 2004

Atlanta's QB Micheal Vick is being investigated for owning and operating a dog fighting ring. Ugly ugly stuff. I can't understand anyone getting enjoyment watching two pit bulls tear each other apart.
                Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

Forget about the fighting for one sec.

I can't understand why anyone would even want to own a pit bull.

Is is a coolness thing ?

You shouldn't have them around kids because they're in-breed to be violent (I've heard this on a TV special). They said ALL pit bulls have an in-breed potential to turn on masters for no reason.

They're not exactly a pretty looking dog either.

So what motivates a person to want one ?

Are they just another BLING ?

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by megoat

No, I do not think this will be added to long, long list of reasons why I'll be sitting next to you in hell
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• huedell
                      Museum Ball Eater
                      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by type1kirk
                      Forget about the fighting for one sec.

I can't understand why anyone would even want to own a pit bull.

Is is a coolness thing ?

You shouldn't have them around kids because they're in-breed to be violent (I've heard this on a TV special). They said ALL pit bulls have an in-breed potential to turn on masters for no reason.

They're not exactly a pretty looking dog either.

So what motivates a person to want one ?

Are they just another BLING ?
                      Certainly, a "coolness" and a "bling" thing (kinda the same?)

on that token....
                      I'll also add that Mego73 was dead right on when he basically said that
                      anyone who remotely buys into this in any shape or form should be
                      despised---by your typical Joe Human

and I'll further add to that by saying that anyone who buys into this also
                      can't be trusted----for these are the people who have a bloodlust
                      that isn't normal and that regular people don't understand and
                      SHOULDN'T understand
                      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Adam West
                        Museum CPA
                        • Apr 14, 2003

There is just a twisted culture of people who don't care about any living creature, human, or otherwise.

Maybe I seem like a hypocrite because I do eat meat and I wear leather shoes. However, I don't hunt and if I did, I would eat what I killed. I don't enjoy fishing but my kids do and I feel bad even hooking them even if we release them. I will smack a fly or mosquito dead but if there is a spider around, I'll try to catch it and release it back outside. Same thing with mice. We used to have a mouse problem (they would get into our garage during the winter months). Rather than setting up a $.50 mouse trap, I would set the plastic traps that catch the mice but don't hurt them and take them out into a wooded area and let them go.

I love my dog and couldn't imagine putting my dog or any dog no matter what breed into a Roman Style death match.

I don't know enough about Pit Bulls to say whether or not they are inherently dangerous but my gut instinct would tell me they are not and would only attack if there was a pattern of abuse but maybe our resident vet could chime in.

I do know my sister owned a Rottweiler and it was the nicest dog you could imagine. She also had this little Yorkie that used to grab the Rot by its flapping gums and tug on it like a play toy and the dog would just sit there and let the Yorkie do it. However, the dog was very protective of my sister. If he sensed any danger, he would get right in front of my sister and protect her. She had me pretend like I was fighting her and the dog got up and got right between us and growled at me as if to dare me to make another move. As soon as I stopped he went right back to his spot and would let me pet him or any of the kids pet him without a peep.
                        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Maybe Chris DVM will chime in.

He must know if owning a pit is playing with fire.

I know they're not recomended for families with young kids.
                          To me, that says a lot right there.

Comment

• Goblin19
                            Talkative Member
                            • May 2, 2002

These dog fighting stories popping up lately really disgust me. I don't even like killing bugs.

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Goblin19
                              These dog fighting stories popping up lately really disgust me. I don't even like killing bugs.
                              I'm the same way,I can't kill anything.These stories have been popping up cause of the Mike Vick thing,looks like the guy was running a dog fighting business from one of his houses,what a loser!!

I know pit bulls aren't recommended for families with small children,but I think it also depends on how you treat your dog,my uncle had a pit named Kimo Cyclone and he was one of the sweetest dogs,he lived like 16 years and never bit anyone or attacked anyone,so I guess it just depends you know...now most of the thug wanna b's are buying these just to act bad,but they could be real sweet if you raise them right
                              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎