X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

What was your first Comic Book?

I believe that mine was an issue of Spidey Super Stories featuring Spiderman battling The Jester (I was sad to see him eat Punisher bullets in Civil War).
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!
  • Comic Book Geek
    Stays Crunchy in Milk
    • Aug 2, 2004

Hard to say. Probably someone picked up one of the Harvey Toons issues for me. I remember having a stack of Richie Rich, Little Lu Lu, Dot, Baby Huey and I think some Uncle Scrooge McDuck. The first ones I remember loving were Spider-man, Werewolf by Night and Batman. Specific issues my memory's too vague. It was years before I could read, but I can remember studying the pictures and thinking that Spider-man was the best thing ever invented.
    Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Marvelmania
      A Ray of Sunshine
      • Jun 17, 2001

Either a Tom & Jerry or Frankenstein comic. Can't remember for certain.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

It was a Bugs Bunny Comic in 1969 I remember it to this day a stewardess from Pan American airlines gave me a stack of comics before take off. I remember thanking her as we were leaving.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Avengers King Size Special 1 and Metamorpho 9 are the first ones I read. They were hand me downs from a older cousin that I got in the early 70's. First one I bought was Marvel's Godzilla 1 and still have it.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Merlyn1976
            Fist of Khonshu
            • Mar 29, 2005

Moon Knight #3 "Midnight means Murder"...I can remember my dad reading this too me as a bedtime story
            "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• The Toyroom
              The Packaging King
              • Dec 31, 2004

I'm assuming it was a Batman or a Detective because of my early kindergarten love of the '66 show in reruns. Casper and Archie were also in reading line-up at that time too, primarily because of cartoon association. Curiously, I remember a coverless Jimmy Olsen comic where he thought he was a Viking...anyone know which one this is?
              Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Megospidey
                Museum Webslinger
                • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by Comic Book Geek
                Hard to say. Probably someone picked up one of the Harvey Toons issues for me. I remember having a stack of Richie Rich, Little Lu Lu, Dot, Baby Huey and I think some Uncle Scrooge McDuck. The first ones I remember loving were Spider-man, Werewolf by Night and Batman. Specific issues my memory's too vague. It was years before I could read, but I can remember studying the pictures and thinking that Spider-man was the best thing ever invented.

You and I are long-lost brothers.

My first comic purchase was Archie, but the comics I remember LOVING to read were Spiderman and Werewolf by Night. I just purchased WBN #1 the other day - love the Ploog art!!!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

I think it was Little Lulu. The first (and only) Super Hero comic I owned was a giant issue (and I don't mean thick, I mean tall) Action Comics " The Bat-Man" (w/ other stories). I think this was the origin of Batman. I remember not liking it much, since it didn't have Robin and was nothing like the 60's series, (which was my first exposure to Batman). I also remember there was another story in it called "Spy" where some bad guy was putting these poison pellets in high ranking officials foods and killing them. Interesting story; I liked it better than "The Bat-Man".
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Bionic Joe
                    Persistent Member
                    • Dec 10, 2006

the first comics i every had was either a casper or hotstuff[the little devil kid] the first book i pick out myself was batman 251 i saw it at a 7-eleven and had to haveit since i loved the adam west batman series and also liked the joker i was five or six at the time

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

I may, and probably did, have Archies before this, but the first comic I actually recall looking at on the stands, and wanting was the 1978 Batman Spectacular (I believe it was DC Special Series #17). The Marshal Rogers cover called to me. I may have had Batman comics bought for me before this even, but this was the first comic I recall NEEDING. I still have my dog-earred copy, and I picked up a mint one years later.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• brineb
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 26, 2006

The first comic I remember getting was a Batman, I was a huge fan of the TV show and although I can't say what issue it was, it would have been from that era.
                        I also play with other dolls:
                        http://brineb.blogspot.com/

Comment

• toys2cool
                          Ultimate Mego Warrior
                          • Nov 27, 2006

mine was one of those king size ones from the 60's Spiderman with Green Goblin on the cover,got it for like $.10 at a flea market in really rough shape,I still have it
                          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• grayhank
                            That Fisher Price Guy
                            • Feb 9, 2007

My first 3 comics are proudly displayed on my wall. The only items from my childhood that survived and are still with me.

Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

• samurainoir
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by grayhank
                              My first 3 comics are proudly displayed on my wall. The only items from my childhood that survived and are still with me.

How did you manage to keep them so prestine? Mine are all coverless, falling off the staples, folded and dog-eared.
                              My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎