X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JDeRouen
    Author of Small Things
    • Jun 14, 2001

New gallery!

I've just installed a new user gallery. The old one is still available (http://www.megomuseum.com/gallery) but will soon we locked. Images will still be viewable, but you won't be able to upload any new ones.

The new gallery completely integrates with the new forums. No longer do you have to maintain a separate login. (This also eliminates the problem of non-members taking up valuable space in the gallery!)

There are now some much-needed limits to the gallery -
    • Registered users are limited to 1MB of space; once a user reaches 500 posts, they get 5MB of space. Hopefully, by limiting the space, this should encourage users to delete no longer needed images. Limits may be revised, changed, lowered or raised at my discretion.
    • There are now public galleries that anyone can upload to, as well as private galleries. You may create one private gallery (it will be your user name) and up to nine sub-categories beneath your main category. (Again, this may be changed at our discretion.)
    • You can set your private galleries to be viewable by other members or truly private. You can also "close" images so that, until you decide to change it, no one else can see them.
    • You can now comment on and rate pictures. (If this gets abused, away it goes!)
    • The new gallery gives clear, easy-to-use links for both inserting images into your forum posts and for linking to them from eBay or other places.
    • All of the member categories are separated alphabetically - no more scrolling for hours to find that specific image you want to see!
    • Images are now searchable. At your discretion, you can even add keywords when you upload images to make them easier to fine for others.
    • Slideshow. Want to see all the images in a specific category in slideshow format? Now you can!
    • You can now subscribe to images. If an image changes, you'll know.
    There are probably other new points I should cover, but that's all I can think of for now. If you have any questions, just ask!

Best,
    Joe
    --
    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176
  • Dave Mc
    Administrator
    • Oct 20, 2002

Nice Joe! I always appreciated the space to upload, but never liked the mechanics of the old gallery. This is really cool.

Comment

• Wee67
      Museum Correspondent
      • Apr 2, 2002

Cool. I hated having to search through all the pages. I just hope I can figure this one out, too.
      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Meule
        Verbose Member
        • Nov 14, 2004

Cool, thanks Joe.
        Question: how do you create your own folder? I can't find any links
        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Merlyn1976
          Fist of Khonshu
          • Mar 29, 2005

Originally posted by Meule
          Cool, thanks Joe.
          Question: how do you create your own folder? I can't find any links
          Just upload a photo into the Member's Categories section and it creates your folder...
          "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• Meule
            Verbose Member
            • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Merlyn1976
            Just upload a photo into the Member's Categories section and it creates your folder...
            That easy, huh? Thanks
            "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• JDeRouen
              Author of Small Things
              • Jun 14, 2001

Yep! And after you've done that, you can create sub-folders beneath that one.
              --
              Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• English Paul
                Archive cased.
                • Aug 17, 2005

Just a quick one? I couldn`t get back to the forum after visiting the gallery - is there a link I missed?
                "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                  Author of Small Things
                  • Jun 14, 2001

No, you didn't miss it - but I added a link, so now you can. Look for "Back to Forums" on the menu below the nav bar.

Joe
                  --

Comment

• JDeRouen
                    Author of Small Things
                    • Jun 14, 2001

Okay, old galleries are locked from uploading new photos. If you have a gallery there and want to move the photos to the new gallery, please delete your old ones. If there are some you don't want to move but no longer need, please delete them.

The old gallery will remain for the forseeable future, but probably not forever.

Thanks,
                    Joe
                    --

Comment

• Meule
                      Verbose Member
                      • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                      Okay, old galleries are locked from uploading new photos. If you have a gallery there and want to move the photos to the new gallery, please delete your old ones. If there are some you don't want to move but no longer need, please delete them.

The old gallery will remain for the forseeable future, but probably not forever.

Thanks,
                      Joe
                      I don't suppose there's an easy way to move folders from the old galleries to the new one?

Comment

• ABMAC
                        User
                        • May 16, 2002

Originally posted by Meule
                        I don't suppose there's an easy way to move folders from the old galleries to the new one?
                        Even if we could, it wouldn't all fit because each member only gets 5 MB of storage space.

Comment

• Merlyn1976
                          Fist of Khonshu
                          • Mar 29, 2005

Will we get a warning when the old galleries will be deleted??
                          "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

In the Southeast Pacific, lies the sunken city of R'Leyh. There lies C'thulhu waits to return to our world with the other Great Old Ones. A hideous creature of enormous size and alien power, it waits for it's time to return patiently. For it has all the time in the world while it waits for the stars.

Comment

• JDeRouen
                            Author of Small Things
                            • Jun 14, 2001

Yes! But I think they'll stay around for quite some time.
                            --

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I'm having a hard time downloading anything.

It refuses to take my pictures and it say I need administrator aproval.

Help!!!

How many pictures can I download???

WHERE!!!!!!??????

Help!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡