X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

Final Crisis Spoiler Shocker

I just picked up my copy of Final Crisis #1.
    I must say, I was greatly disturbed by the death of Martian Manhunter by watching him being impaled by a flaming spear. Not sure if this was a proper way for a great hero to die but after seeing his new incarnation where he appears and looks absolutely ridiculous. (He reminds me of one of those Coneheads from Sat. Night Live). If this is how they were planning on keeping him, then good riddance!

Martian Manhunter was better in his classic look. Not sure why they did this.
    Can't figure out why they killed him.

Oh yeah. They also kill off Orion in that issue (Like anyone cares?)

So, a bunch of DC characters are going to die and we get to have Barry Allen back next issue? I am confused where this story is going...
    Apparently Darkseid and all his evil god cronies are in human bodies now for some reason and we have a group of monitors that watch over the 51 Earths? Odd?

Anyone? Thoughts?
    Last edited by Cosmicman; May 29, '08, 9:12 PM.
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

wow another one gone huh?
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Bionic Joe
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 10, 2006

He'll be back, Only Bucky and Barry Allen stay dead ,OOOPPPPS ok never mind make that Gwen Stacy and uncle Ben remain dead sorry Spidey

Comment

• The Toyroom
        The Packaging King
        • Dec 31, 2004

I'm interested in "Final Crisis" because I hope by story's end it will have been worth it but I can't say that going in I'm all that excited about it...Grant Morrison has some good ideas but sometimes his concepts just seem a little out there and too ambitious and too large of a scale for my tastes. He refers to this epic as DC's version of "Lord of the Rings"...and yet it's only 7 issues. The original "Crisis on Infinite Earths" was 12 issues. Seems like too much high-concept stuff and character redsigns but not enough story.
        At least that's my initial impression....

Oh yeah, and I think DC has done a disservice to J'onn J'onz recently...besides his death, that new look was hideous.
        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Bizarro Amy
          Formerly known as Del
          • Dec 12, 2004

I haven't read that issue yet. I understand that people are here to discuss recent events in comics, so I usually stay out of the comics forums until after I've read storylines to avoid spoilers. However, when you post the death of a character in your thread title, it's a little hard to avoid. I'm sure you meant no harm, but could you please post that kind of information in the body of your message, maybe with a "spoiler warning" of some kind? I don't like to know too much of what's going to happen ahead of time.
          Hey! Where's the waiter with the water for my daughter?

Check out my customs!
          https://www.facebook.com/BizarroAmy
          http://www.tumblr.com/blog/bizarroamy

Comment

• misterdroid
            Banned
            • Jan 10, 2008

I am so sad to say this... as a DC fan... DC sucks. I don't even know what the hell they are doing right now. Trying real hard to keep readers by imitating Marvel in the lamest possible way? Geeze... At least Cap died for a reason in the midst of a well written continuum sweeping story arc. DC just seems to want to line them up and shoot them down like a penny arcade.

Comment

• jimbutsu
              Memory *is* RAM!
              • Apr 11, 2002

Thanks for the spoiler warning.
              "If you take a dog which is starving and feed him and make him prosperous, that dog will not bite you. This is the primary difference between a dog and a man."

- Mark Twain

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by misterdroid
                I am so sad to say this... as a DC fan... DC sucks. I don't even know what the hell they are doing right now. Trying real hard to keep readers by imitating Marvel in the lamest possible way? Geeze... At least Cap died for a reason in the midst of a well written continuum sweeping story arc. DC just seems to want to line them up and shoot them down like a penny arcade.
                The same could be said for Marvel, was Civil War really well written? Not the stuff I glanced at.

Cat, the New Gods in human form is a concept that Morrison introduced in his 7 Soldiers series.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

^ Yeah I didn't care for ALL of the Seven Soldiers epic of mini-series and bookends...some were good (I liked Bulleteer & Frankenstein myself) but once again I thought Morrison's project was too ambitious and..."out there".
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• twilitezoner
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 18, 2007

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                    The same could be said for Marvel, was Civil War really well written? Not the stuff I glanced at.

Cat, the New Gods in human form is a concept that Morrison introduced in his 7 Soldiers series.
                    One More Day and Brand New Day. I sure hope DC is not going to emulate those.

Comment

• davidb
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 9, 2007

They're reintroducing the New Gods as mentioned above. From what I gathered from Final Crisis and the Dark Side Club crossovers, I suspect that only the Apokolips faction are going to be in human forms. I expect the New Genesis group (including Orion) to still be closer to their traditional forms.

As for J'onn - the redesign was absolutely awful. I fully expect him to make his return before too long, hopefully back in his classic look.

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

Picked this up last night, I don't know who some of these people are and thought the book had pacing issues. I don't feel I got very much for my money here.

MM's death wasn't well done, he was murdered to show how big and bad Libra is. Hardly a noble death for such a character, but that's what happens when you can't sell your own book!

I cared about Orion's death, shoot, I left this comic on the couch, better call my wife. My son doesn't need to see two favourites die.
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• ctc
                          Fear the monkeybat!
                          • Aug 16, 2001

>Martian Manhunter was better in his classic look. Not sure why they did this.

He looks like he's gonna flip the bird....

They SORT OF did this back in the 80's when you find out his true form is this spindly conehead kinda thing.

>Can't figure out why they killed him.

To sell books without the controversey of killing Batman, or Wonder Woman, or Superman agian?

He'll be back. "As a shapeshifter, my organs aren't in the same place as yours. He missed my heart; but did enough damage to force a regenerative coma, which I've been in for the last six months...."

I bet he's the last minute save in "Ultimate Last Final Infinite Crisis of Secret Civil Crossover!!!!"

Don C.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Ugh. I'm glad I didn't buy this.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
                              The DarkSide Customizer
                              • Apr 16, 2005

Well,.. The One cover with Hal Jordan on it looks cool.
                              ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎