Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ramsey37
    • Jun 18, 2001

Universal Sci-Fi Giveaway!

Over the last couple of years, Best Buy sold two volumes of a DVD set called "The Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection". Both sets were comprised entirely of Universal classics that had previously had no DVD release, and both sets were highly anticipated by movie buffs and monster fans. Volume 1 sold out almost immediately and was quickly turning up on eBay and elsewhere at grossly inflated prices. I missed out on that set but was able to score a copy of last year's Volume 2. As luck would have it, Universal just rereleased both sets as one big set, which I just received last week. Now I have two copies of the Volume 2 set, and since I'm unlikely to sell my spare set at a huge profit, I figured I'd offer it here as a giveaway. The set includes the following movies:
    Dr. Cyclops
    Cult of the Cobra
    The Land Unknown
    The Deadly Mantis
    The Leech Woman
    I had trouble getting "Dr. Cyclops" to load properly, the opening keeps coming out rather pixelated. The other four films all played just fine, however.
    I will give this set to the first person to PM me with their name and mailing address. Good luck!
    George
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Hopefully I pm'd on time
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

So the first set is available again along with the second? Is it a Best Buy exclusive again?
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ramsey37
        • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        So the first set is available again along with the second? Is it a Best Buy exclusive again?
        They're available as one big set now, and it's not an exclusive. Actually, it looks like all they did was design a new larger plastic sleeve to house the two sets of discs, which are identical to the original discs. I purchased my set through Amazon:
        Amazon.com: Classic Sci-Fi Ultimate Collection 1 TV
        George

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Well, crap. Now I have to ditch set two.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• mego73
            Printed paperboard Tiger
            • Aug 1, 2003

I got both sets initially

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎