Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wii Fit - Who has it, is getting it, and your results so far...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hulk
    Mayor of Megoville
    • May 10, 2003

Wii Fit - Who has it, is getting it, and your results so far...

Amazon is supposed to deliver mine this week. I'm interested in it for the balance issues due to my partial hip replacement (although the weight could stand to drop as well).

It might be fun to share some of our reults / opinions / experiences here. I'll pony up my embarrassing details if you will too.

• toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Actually they were talking about this in the gym today,if you could handle dance Dance revolution then you should be alright
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Ugh! Don't even get me started on that ridiculous thing.

Just so you know (and Nintendo even had to admit) you cannot actually get fit using Wii Fit. Not to mention heavy people cannot even use it as it has a weight limit of 300 pounds.

The software works rather iffy and has been reported as making some pretty severe errors, like calling an athletic active 12 year old girl (that weighed only 85 pounds) fat. You go Nintendo! Never too early to crush a young woman's self worth.

If you actually want to do some low aerobics or stretching exercises you'd be WAY better off getting a yoga DVD and if you want to play a game get a real game like Smash Brothers or Mario Kart and pass on this overpriced piece of software and its gimmicky board.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• megocrazy
        Museum Trouble Maker
        • Feb 18, 2007

It's getting great reviews. They say it's a gym level workout. We got Mario Kart yesterday so it should be at least a couple of weeks until we're looking for something new. I was surprised at how much of a workout the tennis was. I think it's the first system many people other than kids can appreciate and use. My mom loves the bowling. I think I'll be getting the Tiger Woods golf. They say it's an awesome game.
        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

My sister got it a few weeks ago, and I have had fun on it...and remember I don't like exercise. My nephew also got one yesterday after playing my sisters'. It records your weight, calculates your bmi and you can set weight loss goals. It has helpful hints too. I like it so far.

Comment

• 4NDR01D
            Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
            • Jan 22, 2008

I'll probably get one as soon as I can find it in stores, and I'd be more than happy to share my progress with other wii-ers.

Comment

• Hulk
              Mayor of Megoville
              • May 10, 2003

Sounds like it could be fun to track how we do. I've even considered blogging about it, but doubt my interest (or anyone else's) would hold very long.

And if Yoga DVD's were more interactive and fun, I might consider them, but if this gets me off my lazy butt like Wii Sports has, then it'll be worth it. If it doesn't, I'm out less than the price of Guitar Hero, which holds little interest for me (or a 3 month Gym Membership I won't use).

Comment

• Spyweb007
                Persistent Member
                • Apr 18, 2006

I plan on getting this, I am 6'1" and 240lbs, and seeing as I am a Graphic Designer sitting at a desk all day, a little exercise could go a long way for me.
                Hopefully it is fun enough to keep me coming back to it regularly, as I have rarely been able to stick to any exercise program for more than a month or 2.

Comment

• Adam West
                  Museum CPA
                  • Apr 14, 2003

We have it, my kids love it and I have only had the chance to try a few things.

The scale doesn't work....it says I weight 150 lbs LOL. I'm not overweight but I'm 6 feet tall and doubt I will ever weight 150 lbs.

My kids say the balancing is really sensitive but I'll have to give it a go soon.
                  "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                  ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Hulk
                    Mayor of Megoville
                    • May 10, 2003

Well I;m not very happy right now, specifically with Amazon. They lost my order. They marked it as shipped and told UPS they had it, but UPS never scanned it. Either someone at Amazon or UPS snagged it, and probably sold it on ebay for twice the price. Amazon wouldn't even reorder it for me because they we out of stock and their system wouldn't let the rep order the replacement. So I'm stuck like every other schmo who didn't have a preorder trying to find it wherever I can. I refuse to pay scalpers prices for it, so I keep an eye on the Tracker sites to see when stores might have it in stock. Almost got lucky the other night and managed to put one in my cart at Walmart.com, but by the time I signed in they were out of stock again. Apparently Nintendo is sending more to Europe to maximize their profits instead of selling it here with a weak US Dollar. Can't really blame them, but it is annoying.

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hulk
                      Well I;m not very happy right now, specifically with Amazon. They lost my order. They marked it as shipped and told UPS they had it, but UPS never scanned it. Either someone at Amazon or UPS snagged it, and probably sold it on ebay for twice the price. Amazon wouldn't even reorder it for me because they we out of stock and their system wouldn't let the rep order the replacement. So I'm stuck like every other schmo who didn't have a preorder trying to find it wherever I can. I refuse to pay scalpers prices for it, so I keep an eye on the Tracker sites to see when stores might have it in stock. Almost got lucky the other night and managed to put one in my cart at Walmart.com, but by the time I signed in they were out of stock again. Apparently Nintendo is sending more to Europe to maximize their profits instead of selling it here with a weak US Dollar. Can't really blame them, but it is annoying.
                      wow that really sucks dude
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍