Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nordox
    • Dec 22, 2007

Too Many Pre-Orders

It's really not just our wonderful replicas but it seem most of the cooler stuff these days has us all preordering. For all we have been discussing most of it is not in our hands. I sure hope Scotty shows up next week. Aside from all the luck we are having with the Replicas themselves, I wish we can go into the toy isle like the old days and see more than hulk smash hands.
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by nordox
    It's really not just our wonderful replicas but it seem most of the cooler stuff these days has us all preordering. For all we have been discussing most of it is not in our hands. I sure hope Scotty shows up next week. Aside from all the luck we are having with the Replicas themselves, I wish we can go into the toy isle like the old days and see more than hulk smash hands.
    welcome to the boards.

I agree that there is a great deal of fun in the toy isle discovery of a figure -pulling it off the peg, holding it, examining it and deciding which one to spend your money on in side by side comparison..

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
      Pat Troughton in disguise
      • Nov 21, 2007

Was just thinking that earlier today....with more and more dedicated toy shops falling by the wayside kids today will hardley ever experience the thrill of going into a shop that deals in toys, toys and nothing but toys...its always a toy department in a bigger store or none at all.
      ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Pre-orders are a necessary evil unfortunately... I know for smaller companies like ours it's how we gauge how many to produce. I prefer to browse myself, and I think that's the main reason why we will continue to do the EarlyBird specials. This way you actually are rewarded for your pre-order and even though you have to wait you get some swag for doing it...

-Dave

Comment

• livnxxxl
          Megoholic RocketScientist
          • Oct 23, 2007

Originally posted by David Lee
          This way you actually are rewarded for your pre-order and even though you have to wait you get some swag for doing it...
          I think that is a pretty good gesture and a better reason for one to preorder. It is like getting a bonus. Everybody likes a bonus or an extra. As long as of course it is a good thing.
          Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• livnxxxl
            Megoholic RocketScientist
            • Oct 23, 2007

I like browsing and going to the stores still because I like to buy on impulse. I also like leaving the store satisfied with something in hand. Although I do like the convenience of on line ordering as well. I just hate the wait involved sometimes as each store/website has their own definitions of fast shipping. Most buyers including myself will buy hoping that they will receive their order promptly. This is not always the case with some websites.
            Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

• Mr Havoc
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 27, 2008

I know it sucks to wait but if you do they might be gone and your back waiting for the next shipment or paying extra because they are a hot item. Better to be safe than sorry I guess.

Comment

• Blue Meanie
                Banned
                • Jun 23, 2001

Not for nothing...but has anyone really thought why some stuff may be delayed, especially recently. Where are 99 % of the toys made....China. Last I remember that country has been devastated by a Major Earthquake...and many aftershocks. And to top it all off they now have probplems with water behind some of the debris and dams...so Toys really aren't that important right now ...Are they.

Comment

• David Lee
                  The Fix-it-up Chappie
                  • Jun 10, 2002

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                  Not for nothing...but has anyone really thought why some stuff may be delayed, especially recently. Where are 99 % of the toys made....China. Last I remember that country has been devastated by a Major Earthquake...and many aftershocks. And to top it all off they now have probplems with water behind some of the debris and dams...so Toys really aren't that important right now ...Are they.
                  Not to the Chinese people hurting...good point. But to us, still important, I know our factory isn't near the earthquake area, it had zero impact on our stuff. The sad reality though is production slow downs are more likely caused by smog reduction due to making the Olympics not look like they are taking place in a factory not the earthquakes...

-Dave

Comment

• nordox
                    • Dec 22, 2007

Goods to be gotten

Really for me the toy interest is one thing, the mego interest definatly a core point of the toy interest. I am trying to see if other folks feel that all the pre-orders in a way can be very frustrating than just kinda wait for somewhere that says "in stock now" and sends it right out. I have a strange feeling that could basically apply to most of the EMCE stuff for sure, and honestly for instance I pre-ordered in February for a Sideshow Toy Han Solo and the said 2nd quarter and now we are entering June and I haven't heard a word about it. I am not rich so I can only wonder when the charge is coming thru etc.

To summarize I am really eager to buy EMCE products and I kinda feel like at least in my regards I would have liked one set of two per month, star trek apes, whatever. Customers still have a say in things no?

Comment

• Boris71
                      GeekBot' For Life
                      • May 13, 2007

Originally posted by Brue
                      welcome to the boards.

I agree that there is a great deal of fun in the toy isle discovery of a figure -pulling it off the peg, holding it, examining it and deciding which one to spend your money on in side by side comparison..
                      Yeah there is not enough of that these days IMO the shops seem remiss to stock a lot of stuff and when they do they seem to be in such short supply that it's almost impossible to get.

I loved seeing the dr who and Indy figures on the shelf, the last line I had fun collecting was the playmates starwars stuff.

Is it just me or does anyone else miss the old days when figures weren't scrapped from a line after the firt wave came out?
                      Check out my Electronic Mag here Psycho Styrene Modeling Magazine

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

In stock toys

It is hard to stumble across a new toy these days since so many websites
                        and magazines are devoted to covering everything coming out months
                        before it can arrive in the stores.

Comic shop owners have told me that the Star Trek figures sell out
                        within the first week. Every shop I have visited, here in New York
                        and when I travel, have only a McCoy or Spock left on the peg.

I buy a few hundred of each figure from Diamond and will continue
                        to sell them through drmego.com, the Starlog store, and the
                        EMCE Toys website when we get that store in place.
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎