Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which SuperFriends series should come next beyond Super Powers shows?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

Which SuperFriends series should come next beyond Super Powers shows?

So far, we have 2 SuperFriends series out on DVD with 2 more on the way.

So far, the entire 1978 year is available,

Challenge of the SuperFriends is called the Complete First Season

SuperFriends 1978: The Complete Second Season. The 16 episodes with the Wonder Twins that aired along with the Challenge series.

SuperFriends: The Legendary Super Powers Show: 1984. The series that introduced Firestorm is coming in August

Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians. 1985: Final series that introduced us to Cyborg is coming sometime later this year.

From the series that are left: If you could be involved with WB in decision making regarding the SuperFriends series, which ones or in which order would you release them? Here's my vote:

1: The All New SuperFriends Hour 1977: Introuction of Wonder Twins plus I'd like to see all the PSAs and secret decoders since Boomerang left most of them off the air.

2: SuperFriends: 80's shorts. All 66 of them including the lost season of 1983.

3: The World's Greatest SuperFriends 1979. 8 episode series.

4: SuperFriends: 1973. I'd save Wendy and Marvin for last. Better to release the action filled series first before discussing brain power against brute force. Zonkers!!

That's my vote.

Cheers.
  • ABMAC
    User
    • May 16, 2002

Elastic Hulk.

Comment

• HardyGirl
      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
      • Apr 3, 2007

The only one I like is the '73 version w/ Wendy, Marvin and Wonder Dog. Yeah, a lot of people think that's lame, but that's OK.
      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Bionic Joe
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 10, 2006

how about releasing the 60s cartoons of superman/superboy/batman/aquaman/teen titians/flash/greenlantern/atom/ and hawkman

Comment

• filmation batman fan
          The Man of Many Voices
          • Aug 30, 2005

Actually, there is one of those titles coming to DVD this month. The New Adventures of Superman will be released before month's end. Filmation made a total of 68 episodes of Superman and the first 36 episodes will be on it.

As for Batman, it's the 1977 series w/ BatMite (my personal favorite) that's coming to DVD this month. But look on the bright side, you have the voices of Adam West and Burt Ward. Who knows? Maybe we will eventually see the 1968 series get released on DVD someday.

Although it has not been formally announced yet, I've heard that Aquaman may be coming to DVD later this year. No word though on Superboy or the DC Heroes.

I hope that evetually, we'll see the remaining Superman toons by Filmation as well as the 1968 Batman series come to DVD.

Cheers.

Comment

• Bionic Joe
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 10, 2006

that;s good to hear, can't wait for the 77 batman w/batmite , hope they later release the tarzan part of the series

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I'd like to see The World's Greatest first, if only to have the single greatest SF episode, "Universe of Evil" on DVD. My old VHS copy is just about worn out.

I'd love to see all the SF released, but I first remembered the 77 season, so the 73 Wendy/Marvin season is a bit painful to watch for me. Too long, too PC, and Marvin is the single most aggravating TV add-on in television history.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Wendy and Marvin never really bothered me, but I was really young when I saw them on SF in reruns and haven't seen them since. I used to always watch the SuperFriends on Saturday mornings, but always remember them with the Wonder Twins.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                  The Man of Many Voices
                  • Aug 30, 2005

I agree wholeheartedly about Marvin as one of the all time worst character add ons. But I feel Wendy is equally as annoying in a different sort of way. Wendy was that annoying teacher's pet who uses her brains and always talks down to Marvin for his immaturity. If I were Marvin, I could understand getting those stupid lectures from mom or even Wonder Woman, but Wendy, I could not stand to hear her say stupid crap like "Marvin. This is no time for fault finding." We tend to envy certain geniuses we know in life. Wendy is one of them.

Hanna Barbera did something similar with the Wonder Twins. Zan had an ego and loved to show off only to get shown up by that stupid monkey Gleek, who ruined every show he was in.

Funny thing is, both Wendy and Jayna were probably good characters when the boys were not around. It seemed that the SuperFriends girl students were the bright ones while the boy students left a lot to be desired in terms of intelligence and maturity.
                  That was perhaps the worst writing throughout all the SuperFriends incarnations.
                  Cheers.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

After seeing most of the Super friends stuff on Boomerang, it really doesn't hold up for me as well as other adventure type stuff. I'd rather see all the 60's Filmation DC stuff come out.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎