X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

The next Mego Meet will take place June 9-11, 2022 in Columbus Ohio

We attempted to give it a go for 2021, but too many folks will be unable to make it to Columbus in June due to a variety of Covid issues and uncertainty. The venue allowed me to roll our deposit over until next year, so we will proceed with 2022 as our new target. We will still do the bandwidth benefit auction in some fashion, either Ebay or possibly something in partnership with our official Mego Meet auctioneer Chris Noon.

Thanks,
    Steve
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

I know this has to be a difficult (and frustrating) decision, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Thanks for announcing this at a time when people can make/not make/alter plans accordingly.

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, this year is too complicated I'm afraid. It was almost impossible that I could attend and well, the "I can't make it" voices outweighed the "can't wait to comes", it is what it is.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Brown Bear
        Still Old School
        • Feb 14, 2008

The right call to make, 100%. Sometimes folks need to be saved from themselves.
        Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• justzeg18
          Career Member
          • May 5, 2003

Totally understood, still a bummer.

I might still take a day trip down to Ohio that weekend to hit up some spots.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

June wasn't a crazy town thought. Most of us will be vaccinated(who want to be) by the end of April. If cases continue to decrease as the US resumes activities and vaccines are administered, mid-June probably wouldn't be risky. That being said, there are a lot of 'ifs' in that scenario and there's no point in having a family reunion when half the family can't come. I won't apologize for trying and I don't need anyone to save me from myself. The endgame of every disagreement doesn't have to be that one side is comprised of thoughtless idiots.

Comment

• pmwasson
              Maker
              • Sep 12, 2007

Thanks Steve, I think it was the right call. I'll get working on some items for the auction.
              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                Moderation Engineer
                • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by pmwasson
                Thanks Steve, I think it was the right call. I'll get working on some items for the auction.
                Thanks Paul. I don't see a down side to erring on the side of caution, other than it's now going to be three years between meets. I hope the apes can hold off from taking over for another year.

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                  The endgame of every disagreement doesn't have to be that one side is comprised of thoughtless idiots.
                  Amen. I think we have the slogan for our Mego Meet t-shirt!

Comment

• Brown Bear
                    Still Old School
                    • Feb 14, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                    June wasn't a crazy town thought. Most of us will be vaccinated(who want to be) by the end of April. If cases continue to decrease as the US resumes activities and vaccines are administered, mid-June probably wouldn't be risky. That being said, there are a lot of 'ifs' in that scenario and there's no point in having a family reunion when half the family can't come. I won't apologize for trying and I don't need anyone to save me from myself. The endgame of every disagreement doesn't have to be that one side is comprised of thoughtless idiots.
                    No one called you a thoughtless idiot. No need to go from Bixby to Lou. Opinions don't have to be the same to be respected. I'm of the opinion I'd err on side of caution rather than see one of my friends here catch it. If others feel safe, I respect their position. Whether I agree or not doesn't factor into it as I'm not organizing it. Still think you made the right call. I really hope 2022 has a record turnout for yahs. I think this community of friends needs a fun gathering like this. I feel bad about efforts you made to make this happen only to cancel.
                    Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Brue
                      User without title
                      • Sep 29, 2005

I kept checking this forum looking for this announcement. Didn't want to pester.

I saw the title and missed the"22" vs "21" then read the thread. Will be sad not to go this year, but looking forward to '22.

I keep thinking Lily will be done with this father daughter weekend. She actually just talked about bringing a couple of friends this year. So I will have to figure out something else to do with her. and some way to stay connected with you guys.
                      Last edited by Brue; Mar 16, '21, 3:16 PM.

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

This is kinda crushing to randomnoir but we'll manage. There really was no alternative, so calling it now was the best possible outcome. That gives me time to figure out inventory and shipping. And it gives us time to make alternate social events.

What I may do in June is to assemble a Cincinnati Toy Crawl. Maybe get four or five of us to hit toy stores and comic shops in town. We have several that are pretty great. There's plenty of great lodging around my side of town. I figure I can use a minivan to pick us all up and hit stores on Saturday and Sunday or can break up into other vehicles. Austin can confirm we have some quality stores and merchants here.
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

l'll admit it--for selfish reasons, I'm relieved. The last 12 months have been an annus horribilus for me for several reasons, and I'd have no chance of attending in 2021.

But hope, and Mego love, springs eternal for 2022. Always, truly, looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                            Moderation Engineer
                            • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Brown Bear
                            No one called you a thoughtless idiot. No need to go from Bixby to Lou. Opinions don't have to be the same to be respected. I'm of the opinion I'd err on side of caution rather than see one of my friends here catch it. If others feel safe, I respect their position. Whether I agree or not doesn't factor into it as I'm not organizing it. Still think you made the right call. I really hope 2022 has a record turnout for yahs. I think this community of friends needs a fun gathering like this. I feel bad about efforts you made to make this happen only to cancel.
                            You haven't come close to seeing the Lou version of me. I didn't appreciate your comment.

Comment

• rche
                              channeling Bob Wills
                              • Mar 26, 2008

I think it is a good decision, and definitely appreciate the announcement. I would have ended up being one of the can't make its for a heavy handful of personal and family commitments. I admit it is a combination disappointment and relief to have this choice made for me. I respect all the planning and thought that has to go into making the meet happen and I look forward to rejoining y'all in 2022 hopefully only slightly more grey and worn from the years between.
                              Last edited by rche; Mar 17, '21, 1:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎