X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitchedwards
    Mego Preservation Society
    • May 2, 2003

Showcase comics

I picked up the Showcase Comics, Worlds Finest treasury the other day.

It felt good to sit down and read these classic Stories of Batman Robin and Superman from the 50s. No multi universe crossovers, no multi holofoil covers. Just plain old comic goodness. I really felt like when I was a kid and would buy a ton of these books for 25 cents each.

However, the best part of all this is my daughter found the book. For the past 3 days I cannot get the book out of her hands. She is in love with these stories, and is doing her best to read these stories. Does my heart good to see the next generation fall in love with a comic book, just for the stories.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?
  • Overkill
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 19, 2007

Oh I love those volumes. It really is worth the price and more! I have Teen Titans V1/2, Batman V1/2, Robin The Boy Wonder V1, Green Arrow V1, Wonder Woman V1.

And I agree with you on the multiverse stuff. I like reading simple yet fun comics more than confusing ones.

Comment

• Captain
      Fighting the good fight!
      • Jun 17, 2001

Yep, the Showcase volumes are fantastic. Only problem is they sell out to darn fast at Chapters!!!
      The Chronicles books are great too...they are in color, and start right with the characters first appearance. I have the first three Superman ones, and the first three Batman ones. Not sure if there are any other ones out yet?
      "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Overkill
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 19, 2007

Yup, The Chronicles are more books in my comic collection. I only have Superman Vol 1, but I have all 5 volumes of Batman (which are currently the only ones out). As for Supes, I don't know how many are out for him. But yeah, these are great. Love the color too.

Comment

• The Toyroom
          The Packaging King
          • Dec 31, 2004

I love these....they pretty much cover the DC Universe in the 60s, quite a good range of titles, with more to come...I've got Superman (1 and 2), Batman (1), Justice League of America (1), Aquaman (1), Legion of Super-Heros (1) and Shazam. If they were color they'd be even better!
          Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I love these as well. They are great bedtime stories for my son. We both get a kick out of them, even though he sometimes snickers at some of the quick resolutions.

I really need to get that WF volume. He really likes the Superman/Batman stories...

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Airdave817
              Satellite Monitor Duty
              • May 31, 2007

I love the Chronicles books! I have all the Batman ones so far!

I just picked up Showcase Presents Batman and the Outsiders over Mother's Day weekend. I remember picking up the first year's issues first hand. I had bailed before Halo's origin. What a great read that was!
              Shameless self-promotion -
              Earth-Dave
              KROC-FM
              Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
              "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎