PDA

View Full Version : New arrival! Boxed vintage Action Boy

drquest
Jan 24, '21, 2:41 PM
I wasn't shopping for one, but this popped up reasonable so I grabbed it.

The figure and accessories are real nice, the box is pretty displayable.

Just thought I'd share.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Hobbies/Captain-Action/i-xCpgGx3/0/5e16bd56/XL/20210124_133134-XL.jpg

thunderbolt
Jan 24, '21, 7:24 PM
cool great pick up. Was Ideal planning Bucky at all for Action Boy?

PNGwynne
Jan 24, '21, 7:39 PM
One of my favorite toys, I love his head sculpt. Congratulations!

He would have made a great Bucky, I have seen a custom.

drquest
Jan 24, '21, 11:13 PM
cool great pick up. Was Ideal planning Bucky at all for Action Boy?

Thanks!

I think Ideal had quite a few plans for sidekicks beyond what they did produce. Bucky would have been a cool one for sure.

rche
Jan 25, '21, 12:51 AM
that looks great! nice and sharp and no melt on the accessories. Bucky would have been a great outfit for AB.

Earth 2 Chris
Jan 25, '21, 2:14 PM
Beautiful! Full disclosure, I have always liked Action Boy's design better than Captain Action himself. It's a more unique, paramilitary design, whereas Cap looks like a sea captain.

Chris

thunderbolt
Jan 25, '21, 6:12 PM
Thanks!

I think Ideal had quite a few plans for sidekicks beyond what they did produce. Bucky would have been a cool one for sure.

Guess they could have done Jimmy Olsen too.

drquest
Jan 25, '21, 7:09 PM
Beautiful! Full disclosure, I have always liked Action Boy's design better than Captain Action himself. It's a more unique, paramilitary design, whereas Cap looks like a sea captain.

Chris

I think he's a great figure for sure. Sculpt is nice, and the actual body is really good, pose ability is excellent.

drquest
Jan 25, '21, 7:13 PM
that looks great! nice and sharp and no melt on the accessories. Bucky would have been a great outfit for AB.

As a Captain Action collector I sort of gasped when I opened the box and saw the the knife was in the sheath and the boomerang was in the holster.

I had no idea how long those has been in those situations. Of course I was worried about these having melted, and I slowly worked the knife out and it was near perfect. The boomerang took a little more tugging but came out with no evidence of melts either.

I probably was sweating bullets and had to go lay down after that :)

thesharkman
Jan 27, '21, 2:27 AM
danggggg, that is a nice one. I've never hopped on the AB wagon, but might soon, I think...LOL.

thesharkman

RonnyG
Jan 27, '21, 3:26 AM
Love it! Looks brand new!