X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Luchadore heads?

I've wanted to add a couple to the custom shelf and was looking for some more info on a few. There is one in particular that had an untold adventure with Hellboy in the 50's. HB went to Mexico and helped this guy waste some vampires. Not sure if he is a real one or a Mignola design.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks
  • aquatroy
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 28, 2002

The guy on the HB cover may be a generic Luchadore. From my understanding, the most famous free fighter ever is a cat named El Santo. Wrestling icon as well as star of the silver screen. Check out this gem happily regalled by the good people at MST3K.
    Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Yeah, I have Samson vs. the Vampire Women, one of MST's finer moments. I just like the idea of 50's or 60's Mexican wrestlers fighting monsters.
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• aquatroy
        Permanent Member
        • Apr 28, 2002

It's a great movie!

It seems to me that there should be a Luchadore database somewhere, but I couldn't find it. There was an episode of, Mexico, One Plate at a Time (a PBS cooking show) that featured Luchadore's, the culture around the wrestlers, and the kinds of food at the events (episode 407 Super-Hero Sandwich). It's very informative.
        Hey! Check out the pictures.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Looked on Netflix and there are more than a few Santos movies available.

Comment

• Edgaar
            Museum Patron
            • Dec 7, 2007

I have a head from a set of Japanese Pez (masked rider) that may work for you if you are interested. might be a little big though
            Edgaar
            Delaware (no really... Delaware)

* Not sure where I'm going - but I'm pretty sure where I've been....
            * not mego - but my customs - http://www.toymania.com/custom/Galle...ar/edgaar1.htm

sigpic

Comment

• jayihdz
              aaaggghhhh!
              • Mar 6, 2007

Flickr: The Blue Demon y El Santo Pool

Check this pics...some of the famous Luchadores in Mexico.

Top Ten

Top 10: Las mejores máscaras de la lucha libre mexicana | Lucha libre y artes marciales mixtas: WWE, TNA, CMLL, AAA
              Last edited by jayihdz; May 29, '08, 3:18 PM.

Comment

• davidb
                Veteran Member
                • Aug 9, 2007

Originally posted by aquatroy
                It's a great movie!

It seems to me that there should be a Luchadore database somewhere, but I couldn't find it. There was an episode of, Mexico, One Plate at a Time (a PBS cooking show) that featured Luchadore's, the culture around the wrestlers, and the kinds of food at the events (episode 407 Super-Hero Sandwich). It's very informative.
                http://www.luchawiki.org

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎