X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

Superman crashing through walls... Geore Reeves style

No one crashed through walls better than George Reeves did!

YouTube - Superman's
    Last edited by kingdom warrior; May 23, '08, 4:51 PM.
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

And he looked like he was having fun doing it.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

that was good,the paper thin one was funny though
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

From what I've read and heard Jack Larson say. George really loved doing this and you can see it in his body language. One of my small pet peeves with the Superman movies is that you never saw them doing this.....one of Superman signatures was crasing through walls....it would have been nice to see Chris Reeves or Brandon Routh do the same......note I do not acknowledge Dean Cain...he sucks as Superman

Comment

• HardyGirl
          Mego Museum's Poster Girl
          • Apr 3, 2007

I love the burrowing thru the earth part. It looks so comic-book like!
          "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
          'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
          Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
          If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

Yeah, George is the master of the Superman wall crash. Chris owns the flying, and brought his own sense of areodynamics to the effects, but George made you believe a man could run through a solid brick wall.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
              A Ray of Sunshine
              • Jun 17, 2001

When he'd jump out of a window it was pretty cool. You'd have thought he was actually taking off.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                OH JES!!
                • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Tim Arnold
                When he'd jump out of a window it was pretty cool. You'd have thought he was actually taking off.
                Yup! i was one of those kids that tied a towel around my neck and leaped on my bed... I also thought when he came into a window was pretty spectacular.....for me George was larger than life.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                  OH JES!!
                  • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                  Yeah, George is the master of the Superman wall crash. Chris owns the flying, and brought his own sense of areodynamics to the effects, but George made you believe a man could run through a solid brick wall.

Chris
                  Yeah that's true...The flying in the first three movies was awesome. I always thought Chris was the best Successor to the Superman Mythos after George.

Comment

• Airdave817
                    Satellite Monitor Duty
                    • May 31, 2007

You might think Hollywoodland sucked, but it renewed my interest in the George Reeves Superman. I watched it when I was younger and then los interest in it because it was hokey and corny - more so than Adam West's Batman. But after seeing Hollywoodland, I want to track down the box sets of The Adventures of Superman. I like hokey and corny.
                    Shameless self-promotion -
                    Earth-Dave
                    KROC-FM
                    Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
                    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• GreenLantern9999
                      GL of Mego Sector
                      • Oct 8, 2007

George and Chris are the only two men I have seen that made me buy that they were Superman, I have never seen the first one Kirk Alan was it?
                      No body takes pot shots at Lubic! Good Journey

Comment

• misterdroid
                        Banned
                        • Jan 10, 2008

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                        Yup! i was one of those kids that tied a towel around my neck and leaped on my bed... I also thought when he came into a window was pretty spectacular.....for me George was larger than life.

That's funny. When I was about 4 my mom made me a superman costume. I wore it every day and indulged in frequent "porch jumping". Eventually I broke my arm. This was in the early 70's (1973/74ish). I have no idea how I even knew who the hell superman was! That's gonna bug me forever...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

George and Chris are the only two men I have seen that made me buy that they were Superman, I have never seen the first one Kirk Alan was it?
                          Kirk looks good in the suit, but I feel he was definitely playing it broad for the kiddie crowd, which is who mostly watched the serials. George could have done the same, but I feel he always brought a mature pressence to his Superman, which is why it worked so well.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                            The Packaging King
                            • Dec 31, 2004

Not only could George's Supes crash through walls like it was nobody's business, he was pretty good at clocking bad guys' heads together too!
                            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                              OH JES!!
                              • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Airdave817
                              You might think Hollywoodland sucked, but it renewed my interest in the George Reeves Superman. I watched it when I was younger and then los interest in it because it was hokey and corny - more so than Adam West's Batman. But after seeing Hollywoodland, I want to track down the box sets of The Adventures of Superman. I like hokey and corny.
                              I personally liked HOLLYWOODLAND the movies not accurate but it's good. Affleck would not have been my first choice to play Reeves but they went with names in the movie. Adrien Brody gave a fine performance.....Being a Big Reeves fan I personally believe he was murdered. I've read into his death and it's a sloppy mess which lead me to doubt he commited suicide.

As for the show itself. It's classic. Yes the color seasons are a bit corny but that had a lot to do with the sponsers. The first two seasons are classic film noir detective mysterys.Filmed like Saturday morning Seriels. One of the best color episodes The perils of Superman was directed by Reeves himself and is a throwback to the movie seriels.

The Boxsets are Great as soon as they came out I bought them up. Has special features and episode commentary a must have for Reeves Superman fans.

Steve.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎