X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Wii controlers?

I've only had my Wii a few months, and I haven't gotten any Wii specific games other than Wii Sports and Wii Play, which of course use the Wii remote. I'm thinking about getting the Lego Indiana Jones game and was wondering if I needed to get the "classic controller" that is available to play this game. I still have my Gamecube controllers, but my understanding is they only work on Gamecube games you play on Wii. Is that correct?

Thanks for any help!

Chris
    sigpic
  • MegoSteve
    Superman's Pal
    • Jun 17, 2005

No, actually, it isn't. Many Wii games will work with the Gamecube controllers if they don't require the motion, Mario Kart Wii being a recent example. Best way to find out is to look at the back of the case of the Wii game you're interested in... there should be little icons or notes of what controllers can be used with the game along with the other game info like number of players.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Thanks Steve. I'll see if I can find out that info online.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• David Lee
        The Fix-it-up Chappie
        • Jun 10, 2002

Great that answered my question too! we just got a Wii two weeks or so ago...

-Dave

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

I was going to say the same thing. We just pulled the gamecube controllers for the Wii and my kids have been able to use it for everything that requires the handheld controllers so far without any problem.
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Hulk
            Mayor of Megoville
            • May 10, 2003

Haven't needed anything but the wiimote and the nunchuck so far, but I can see more traditional controllers being useful. Looks like there are some universal ones that will work too.

Comment

• Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003

The Wii Classic Controller is a MUST for Virtual console games.

A great many of them are darn near unplayable without it. Street Fighter especially controls horrid without it. When I picked up a classic controller games went from "Screw this!" to "Wow, that plays just like it should!"
              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• megojim
                Permanent Member
                • Oct 13, 2001

I was looking at the classic controllers the other day too. I guess I'll need to make that purchase. However, I've finally gotten the "hang" of the dual controller while playing Iron Man . . . . .
                thanks for bring this up
                -jim
                My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎