PDA

View Full Version : Masters of Horror comes to NBC

lepage
May 21, '08, 1:56 PM
Although now its called FEAR ITSELF

Fear Itself TV Show, Series - Videos, Pictures Replays, Games | NBC Official Site (http://www.nbc.com/Fear_Itself/)

If your not familier with this show, Showtime aired a series for 2 years called Masters Of Horror (on dvd now). It featured directors like Hooper, Craven, Carpenter, Gordon, ect.
Each show was an hour long movie.

I have both seasons on dvd and love them but was very dissapointed when it got pulled off the air.

Well I now know why it was pulled, It was pulled because they reworked it for NBC to air June 5th. The name has been changed to "Fear Itself".

I cannot imagine how much gore they can show on prime time tv but it should be interesting so look for it.......

toys2cool
May 21, '08, 2:39 PM
Sounds good Dave :grin:

4NDR01D
May 22, '08, 5:38 AM
well, I guess takashi miike(sp?) won't be asked to do another one. I'm sure if it got banned from Showtime then NBC will definitely frown on the prolonged torture of asian prostitutes and fetus's, but ya never know, was a time when you couldn't show a husband and wife in bed together.

Type3Toys
May 22, '08, 12:15 PM
Sounds like it could be cool.

lepage
May 22, '08, 1:47 PM
well, I guess takashi miike(sp?) won't be asked to do another one. I'm sure if it got banned from Showtime then NBC will definitely frown on the prolonged torture of asian prostitutes and fetus's, but ya never know, was a time when you couldn't show a husband and wife in bed together.

Ahhh yes "Imprint"

I think it was the metal wire under the finger nails that pushed that one over the top!?
I cringed more when I saw his "The Auditon" then when I watched Imprint. The piano wire amputation made my toes curl.

I loved his appearance in Hostel coming out of the "art gallery".

Vortigern99
May 22, '08, 3:23 PM
Awesome. My close friend Mr. Romano wrote the first episode, "Incident off a Mountain Road" (based on the JR Lansdale story) for his collaborator Don Coscarelli. It was compromised by budget and time constraints, among other issues, but it's still a pretty good hour of terror. I doubt NBC will be able to show much of the payoffs in these shows.