PDA

View Full Version : Donate Your 2020 Admission

hedrap
May 1, '20, 8:31 AM
After all the work and maelstrom planning MM2020 had become, I'm donating my admission fee to the Museum. The Boys went above and beyond this year. https://media.giphy.com/media/UoYbFqPk8fBpgROCqZ/giphy.gif

Type3Toys
May 1, '20, 9:12 AM
I already private messaged Steve just the other day to do just that the other day.

Random Axe
May 1, '20, 12:16 PM
I'm down for that too. At this point the money really doesn't matter, we all have other things to worry about. I'm employed, I'm essential, I'm healthy and I get a regular paycheck. There's a lot of people who don't have any of the above. No need for MM, Brian or Steve to be out financially during this pandemic. I won't tolerate that.

It sucks cause I've got a whole bunch or goodies to bring to the Meet but that can wait. That's fine, it gives me time to create a whole bunch more stuff for when we can have a show whether its this year or next.

ToyTalk
May 1, '20, 1:37 PM
That is a great idea. I'm onboard

ToyTalk
May 1, '20, 1:39 PM
I haven't been to a MM in nearly 7 years or so. Do they still Auction off customs and such and give the winning bids to the museum? If the answer is yes, we should still do that. Those auctions raised a lot of money

hedrap
May 1, '20, 1:46 PM
Good call on the auctions!

We should start with Steve's basement!

VintageMike
May 1, '20, 2:06 PM
Sounds like a plan, I'll donate.

pmwasson
May 1, '20, 3:50 PM
Yes, take my fees and I'll still donate to the auction (if I get it done in time.)

justzeg18
May 1, '20, 4:06 PM
Iím thinking the same.

noelani72
May 1, '20, 5:44 PM
Yes, keep my registration Steve and apply towards our bandwidth fees since our auction is not happening (most likely)

ToyTalk
May 1, '20, 6:45 PM
We should still do the Auction if people have customs to donate. I know I would love to see them and purchase one if at all possible. I won some amazing customs over the years and the money goes to a fantastic cause.

PNGwynne
May 1, '20, 7:43 PM
I already private messaged Steve just the other day to do just that the other day.

Me, too! I like this suggestion, and that of the auction, too.

uchuace
May 3, '20, 4:41 PM
I would also like to donate my fee. Still holding the auction would be a great idea.

alex
May 4, '20, 2:47 AM
I presume that the proceeds of the Mego meet, goes towards the museum, is there simply a donate button to give U Guys some cash?

Brue
May 8, '20, 8:34 AM
I presume that the proceeds of the Mego meet, goes towards the museum, is there simply a donate button to give U Guys some cash?
You could use the registration link. It goes to a PayPal account that Steve has set up (note the PayPal account says a different name when you click it). Just leave a note in the payment.

Brue
May 8, '20, 8:39 AM
After all the work and maelstrom planning MM2020 had become, I'm donating my admission fee to the Museum. The Boys went above and beyond this year.

I am good with donating admission. I am way underemployed as a result of Corona, so I would ask for table money back. If others are financially hurting they should feel OK requesting refund for admission too.

At this point though, there is a slim possibility that the meet can get rescheduled. So doing nothing for now is what I plan to do with admission and table costs.

I called the hotel and cancelled my reservation. That was a quick call after being unable to find a way to cancel online.

hedrap
May 8, '20, 9:03 AM
^Oh, lord. We still have to cancel the hotel res? Are they even open?

tiinacat
May 14, '20, 5:31 PM
I need to find a way to pay for admission just to give back something

danadoll
May 16, '20, 7:36 PM
I'm perfectly fine with my fee being a donation too.

Dana