Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

World Of Batman Playset

Author: Scott Adams (MegoScott)
    Line: WGSH
    Toy Execution: Custom Artwork in Dida Displays
    Packaging Execution: None
    Toy Customizers/Collaborators: Scott Adams

Notes: I was on the fence for a long time about submitting it because the Wayne Foundation was part of the 1978 Catalog and I wasn't sure it was right to replace a classic playset with this one.

However. This set aims to fix my biggest complaint about both Batman playsets--the Batcave had a Batpole from nowhere, and the Wayne Foundation was not the Batcave--most of us didn't know about Batman's penthouse headquearters, we knew the mansion and cave from the tv show. This has a batpole that connects the Bruce Wayne Mansion to the Batcave. It uses a hidden chamber to give the illusion that the secret identity figures change costume when they slide down the batpole.

This profile is no longer active.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

This is a favorite of mine out of all the Didas! I agree about the errors with the Batcave and Wayne Foundation...nice to see the problem solved in one complete package. I could see a kid playing with this for hours...or an adult for that matter.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• monkey tennis
      "Kiss my face."
      • Jun 8, 2007

Outstanding...
      I love it...
      I wish I was a (rich) kid again
      "I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

Awesome Job! Well done! Very 3D!!!!!!!! Love the way both the outside and inside spaces are used.

Comment

• Meule
          Verbose Member
          • Nov 14, 2004

My all time favorite playset. And to think one of these will one day be mine
          Looks like 1978 is definitely the year of the playsets
          "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Bo8a_Fett
            Pat Troughton in disguise
            • Nov 21, 2007

Love it....found myself bizzarly wanting to throw money at the pic of the pole dancers...I mean batpoles...lol...maybe they only allow giant pennies to be thrown at them??
            ENGLISH AND DAMN PROUD OF IT British by birth....English by the grace of God. Yes Jamie...it is big isn't it....

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎