PDA

View Full Version : Mego Meet 2020 - June 18th - 20th, Columbus Ohio - Registration is open

EMCE Hammer
Feb 27, '20, 10:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVhsQKtJd44

Registration is open for Megomuseum.com Mego Meet 2020

Mego Meet 2020 will be held June 18th-20th, 2020 in Columbus, Ohio at the Courtyard by Marriott Columbus West. This will be our third year in Columbus. The hotel is located just off the I-270 outer belt and is minutes away from dining, malls, etc.

http://www.megomuseum.com/megomeetmain/megomeetmain.shtml

Registration is open now - Meet admission is still only $25 and still includes family; tables remain an additional $40. The Paypal buttons for this year have been redone and streamlined, let us know if there are any problems with functionality.

Register for the meet here - http://www.megomuseum.com/megomeetmain/megomeetreg.shtml

Register for sleeping rooms here - https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1581024175102&key=GRP&app=resvlink

Bronxboykev
Feb 28, '20, 8:43 AM
Booked!!! See you in June God willing!!!

hedrap
Feb 28, '20, 9:15 AM
In keeping with the spirit of this being a toy show, I booked every available room and will now sublet them at twice the rate.

EMCE Hammer
Feb 28, '20, 9:28 AM
In keeping with the spirit of this being a toy show, I booked every available room and will now sublet them at twice the rate.

Excellent - I'm off the hook!

Can I refer to you as "Head Wrap" in the future?

hedrap
Feb 28, '20, 9:39 AM
Excellent - I'm off the hook!

Can I refer to you as "Head Wrap" in the future?

That's my DIck Tracy villain name.

Random Axe
Feb 28, '20, 10:02 AM
Martin, I believe you cause I just tried to book and it said no rooms are available. So what is your going rate? Guess I'll have to call it in

hedrap
Feb 28, '20, 10:27 AM
^Keep trying it. Same thing happened to me on my phone. Desktop worked fine.

palitoy
Feb 28, '20, 10:38 AM
I just got sixteen rooms.

EMCE Hammer
Feb 28, '20, 11:03 AM

Well, that will hold my ego but what about yours?

palitoy
Feb 28, '20, 11:24 AM
Well, that will hold my ego but what about yours?

All my imaginary friends help me with that.

pmwasson
Feb 28, '20, 12:41 PM
All signed up! Thanks!

justzeg18
Feb 28, '20, 1:35 PM
Registered!

hedrap
Feb 28, '20, 2:52 PM

I have everything from Baltic to Atlantic Avenue.

I think you should stay on the B&O or Shortline. Treat like Mego Meet 2020: Snowpiercer

newlyknighted
Feb 28, '20, 4:07 PM
I am making the pilgrimage for the first time this year, and considering flying in for the Thursday HOF dinner. I'm really looking forward to meeting so many like-minded Mego brethren.

I am not sure when the actual dealers room opens for the show. I can see 7am to 5pm for registered attendees on Saturday. And at least 4 panels with Mego Corp.2020, Aw Yeah Comics, Vintage Mego, and the customs auction is on Saturday as well.

Is Mego Meet a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday event for shopping the dealers room for registered attendees? Or is the dealers room open only on Saturday?

EMCE Hammer
Feb 28, '20, 6:28 PM
I am making the pilgrimage for the first time this year, and considering flying in for the Thursday HOF dinner. I'm really looking forward to meeting so many like-minded Mego brethren.

I am not sure when the actual dealers room opens for the show. I can see 7am to 5pm for registered attendees on Saturday. And at least 4 panels with Mego Corp.2020, Aw Yeah Comics, Vintage Mego, and the customs auction is on Saturday as well.

Is Mego Meet a Thursday, Friday, and Saturday event for shopping the dealers room for registered attendees? Or is the dealers room open only on Saturday?

You're welcome to shop all three days. I expect Thursday will be hit and miss as I doubt everyone will be set up, but I expect a fair amount.

PNGwynne
Feb 28, '20, 7:10 PM
Registered and booked, really looking forward to see you all again.

Avenging Robot
Feb 29, '20, 7:45 AM
This will be my first time and in keeping with my exuberant, social nature I will be staying at another hotel...

VintageMike
Feb 29, '20, 11:22 AM
I was able to get a room. My reputation must proceed me!

Random Axe
Feb 29, '20, 11:33 AM
I just called a few minutes ago and they said all the rooms are booked for our block. They told me to call back Monday and speak to a manager?

EMCE Hammer
Feb 29, '20, 11:53 AM
I just called a few minutes ago and they said all the rooms are booked for our block. They told me to call back Monday and speak to a manager?

Thank you for the heads-up. We either have unprecedented demand, or the system shorted us some rooms. I'll track down our meeting planner on Monday. I can get a report for rooms for each day, but we're only one day in so I haven't even got my first one yet.

rche
Feb 29, '20, 2:28 PM
I just hit the link and was able to book a room for the Fri and Sat night.

newlyknighted
Feb 29, '20, 3:19 PM
Hotel booked and registered! I cannot wait!

EMCE Hammer
Feb 29, '20, 3:47 PM
In that case I wonder if it's just Wednesday night that is all booked. The number set aside is smaller.

Blue Meanie
Feb 29, '20, 4:30 PM
You're welcome to shop all three days. I expect Thursday will be hit and miss as I doubt everyone will be set up, but I expect a fair amount.

Unfortunately, you won't have to worry about my set up this year :smiley1: . First Mego Meet Tom and I will miss in 15 years. Just remember to raise one for us in the Mego Suite :)

Random Axe
Feb 29, '20, 4:42 PM
I called the national line rather than Hilliard and I was able to book tue through sun, but the Tuesday rate is higher at 140.

hedrap
Feb 29, '20, 5:00 PM
Unfortunately, you won't have to worry about my set up this year :smiley1: . First Mego Meet Tom and I will miss in 15 years. Just remember to raise one for us in the Mego Suite :)

I saw that. What's the deal?

Blue Meanie
Mar 1, '20, 12:35 PM
I saw that. What's the deal?

New job and scheduling of the Meet. Unfortunately it will break the string of 15 years (16 if you count Mego Con the year before Mego Meet) for me and Tom. Only 2 left from the original "Super 8" from the Wheeling days. Brian Heiler and Doc Mego are the last 2 that haven't missed one yet. Trust me...I'm not happy about missing it this year. Mego Meet is my "Extended Family" reunion every year. I will miss all of my fellow Mego brothers and sisters this year.

ScottA
Mar 1, '20, 3:33 PM
Room booked Wed - Sun. Guess I'm coming.

noelani72
Mar 1, '20, 3:49 PM
I got our room booked for thurs, fri, sat. It was a bit weird, had something like a whole week selected by default for Antique Toy Show, but worked.

I have not proceeded with the actual meet registration however. When I click the PayPal button and get redirected to PayPal...something is odd.

EMCE Hammer
Mar 1, '20, 4:25 PM
I got our room booked for thurs, fri, sat. It was a bit weird, had something like a whole week selected by default for Antique Toy Show, but worked.

I have not proceeded with the actual meet registration however. When I click the PayPal button and get redirected to PayPal...something is odd.

It's the same address as I used for set-up last year - davidleeralph@yahoo.com. I can't use my regular email address because my personal paypal is tied to it. The forward function for my megomeet address kept screwing up.

Now there will be a thread on some Facebook page that says I'm embezzling registration fees. Maybe I am, to fund a trip to scenic Wheeling WV.

Sincerely,
Scott

PNGwynne
Mar 1, '20, 4:49 PM
I thought I was Scott lol.

(I also thought we were keeping the Wheeling plan on the D.L.--isn't the Kruger Museum honorary wing renovation supposed to be secret? And don't forget Gus Gorman is funnelling those half-cents).

noelani72
Mar 1, '20, 5:12 PM
It's the same address as I used for set-up last year - davidleeralph@yahoo.com. I can't use my regular email address because my personal paypal is tied to it. The forward function for my megomeet address kept screwing up.

Now there will be a thread on some Facebook page that says I'm embezzling registration fees. Maybe I am, to fund a trip to scenic Wheeling WV.

Sincerely,
Scott

well, I always wondered how you fund the trip to Paris...

SWBL5252
Mar 1, '20, 5:26 PM
Iím all registered, room booked with the link, no problem. Canít wait to see everybody again. Sorry youíre not coming this year Berto.....Steve

RobTMego
Mar 2, '20, 10:48 AM
Hotel and Meet booked

hedrap
Mar 2, '20, 10:38 PM
It's the same address as I used for set-up last year - [email]davidleeralph....

Sincerely,
Scott

I'm going to eat this Scott thing until the end, aren't I?

Brue
Mar 10, '20, 5:33 PM
Now there will be a thread on some Facebook page that says I'm embezzling registration fees...

Looks more like David Lee is embezzling form you.

Sincerely, Alexander

danadoll
Mar 14, '20, 6:01 AM
I booked for the Meet (my first ever). Yay!

Dana