PDA

View Full Version : BoosterGold }

BlackKnight
May 19, '08, 10:05 AM
Hey Guys,

This One's 2&1/2 Yrs in the Making,.. Anthony Knows. ;) I wasn't able to make him before,.. when I tried too. But all thats Been Fixed Now. ;D

Heads a DC 9" Aquaman Head,.. same One I used for Spartan, But this Time I sculpted over the Ears,.. & added the Visor. BTW,.. I molded the Head, if anyone is interested. There is no NeckPlug though,.. it comes with the Ball joint & string. :) Gonna Make the head into a Cyclops too. :D Custom Body mixed with some Doc Mego Legs. Hand Sewn Suit. Sculpted his Ring. Box From Toyroom. His Blue's a Little Darker,.. than in the Pic. :)

BoosterGold }

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/JaRob29/BoosterGold.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/JaRob29/BoosterGold2.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/JaRob29/BoosterGold3.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/JaRob29/BoosterGold4.jpg

BK Shot :D }

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/JaRob29/BoosterGold5.jpg

Box from ToyRoom }

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/JaRob29/BoosterGold6.jpg

The Toyroom
May 19, '08, 10:20 AM
Dude....stop making figures I want! :yes: It's been quite a while that I thought you did tackle this figure already...I forgot about the "stumbling blocks". :smiley1: Well worth the wait though! Are ya gonna re-do your Blue Beetle to go along with the Gold?

Cosmicman
May 19, '08, 11:04 AM
Sweet!!!

BlackKnight
May 19, '08, 11:15 AM
Are ya gonna re-do your Blue Beetle to go along with the Gold?

I hope too. & Guy Too. :wink_y: :grin:

megocrazy
May 19, '08, 11:58 AM
Very nice!!

Megospidey
May 19, '08, 12:09 PM
One of your stumbling blocks had to be figuring out that suit with the collar. Nice job on the execution Jason -

darklord1967
May 19, '08, 1:02 PM
Booster Gold NEVER looked better!

Congratulations on a fine figure, Jason.

SUP-Ronin
May 19, '08, 1:05 PM
I am not a big fan of the comic Booster Gold figure, but you did a great job on this custom. You absolutely nailed him. I like everything about it. Nice work.

GaryPlaysWithDolls
May 19, '08, 1:57 PM
Great intricate sewing on that one!

toys2cool
May 19, '08, 2:21 PM
wow he looks perfect :drool:

livnxxxl
May 19, '08, 2:38 PM
I never was big into reading comics so I am not familiar with a lot of the characters that I see here. Although a lot of the customs that I do see here from time to time still look great to me even if I do not know who they were. Nice job. Even know I am unfamiliar with the characters role he still looks neat. I am kind of bummed a bit that you "stold" (kidding of course) my bling ring idea. That looks like a big rock on his finger. What is that about a 5 carrat in Mego scale? :grin: Now I am "still" stuck with the question what will my Money Man custom do now for a weapon? :smiley1: Seriously though you did a nice job on your custom.

YANOULI
May 19, '08, 3:39 PM
No idea who he is but great work.

The Toyroom
May 19, '08, 3:54 PM
I am kind of bummed a bit that you "stold" (kidding of course) my bling ring idea. That looks like a big rock on his finger. What is that about a 5 carrat in Mego scale?.

It's a Legion Flight Ring...Booster lifted it from the Space Museum in the 30th Century where he was a janitor, before he travelled back in time to the 20th Century and became the hero he is today...BWAH HA HA!

k2
May 19, '08, 4:03 PM
top notch sewing,
i'm still trying to figure out how you got the suit on the body.
did you put on the pants then the top and then sew the two together?
looks great
k.c.

thunderbolt
May 19, '08, 5:13 PM
nice work, BK, especially the suit.

Random Axe
May 19, '08, 5:14 PM
Cool, cool figure.

I'd always liked the character from the Giffen/McGuire Justice League. I tentatively had one planned for me to make in the near future, so thanks Jason. You've set the bar so high I may not attempt my own:wink_y:

Actually I was going to look into getting some clear material or plastic or frisket paper that could be colored yellow to see his eyes. I was thinking perhaps a very clear tupperware container cut into the shape of his visor and then use a yellow marker on the underneath side.

Meanwhile, excellent figure.

Scott

livnxxxl
May 19, '08, 5:29 PM
It's a Legion Flight Ring...Booster lifted it from the Space Museum in the 30th Century where he was a janitor, before he travelled back in time to the 20th Century and became the hero he is today...BWAH HA HA!

If you say so. :smiley1: You could have told me anything I would not have been any wiser to the fact. Thanks for the info though. It is good to know for someone like me who has no idea at all. :smile:

Goblin19
May 19, '08, 10:30 PM
Very nice.

The Bat
May 20, '08, 6:28 AM
Leave it to You Bk...the make beautiful Custom...out of a Character I don't even like! AWESOME Job!

EMCE Hammer
May 20, '08, 6:58 AM
That's pretty nifty.

monkey tennis
May 20, '08, 7:06 AM
That is great...Love the suit
and the head, and the hands...it's just great

brineb
May 20, '08, 10:33 AM
He looks great, I caught the flight ring detail right away!!!

drwhofan74
May 20, '08, 1:04 PM
You know, I only recognize about half of the characters you make customs of. But, the are so well done that I would buy each and every one of them if they were on store shelves, even if I did not know the character. Bravo! :clap:

jessica
May 20, '08, 1:42 PM
Fantastic outfit! :drool_y: This one rocks! Stop setting the bar so high for the rest of us customizers!! :wink:

Meule
May 20, '08, 3:18 PM
Will you look at that friggin awesome suit :shocked2::drool:

thunderbolt
May 20, '08, 5:56 PM
Hey, where's Skeets? :) And I'll say it again, great threadwork.

megoscott
May 20, '08, 6:00 PM
How DID you sew that suit? It defies gravity...

Can't go wrong with blue and yellow. What a pretty figure.

The Toyroom
May 20, '08, 6:01 PM
^ Oh yeah, what about Skeets?! :yes: You can swipe one from the DC Direct "52" figure..it should be in scale.

BlackKnight
May 20, '08, 7:17 PM
^^^ I do want that figure,.. in December When I tried to get him from my Comicbook Guy,.. He was all sold out. :ugh_y:

It's funny,.. When I finished the figure,.. My son who's 8,.. looked at him as well,.. & said ''where's Skeets.'' ,.. I was like ,.. ''How'ed you Know this Guy ????!'' ... He Smirked at me ,.. & Stated,.. "He was on Justice League Unlimmited Daddy. " I had forgotten. :smiley1:

Big thanks Guys,.. The suit was Minipulated in 2 piece,.. Thats how it got on the figure. :wink_y:

spiderrogue
May 23, '08, 5:40 PM
he's always been one that i have wanted to do. have done him in other scales/styles..but not as a 8/9"..
great job, jason!!

QDOGG
May 23, '08, 9:05 PM
Damn Jason can't believe I missed this one! Awesome job as always. I really dug Booster back in the 80's JLA. Good stuff:yes:

megowgsh
May 24, '08, 6:57 AM
Another winner!!! Great rendition of Booster.

bobbait
May 24, '08, 7:28 AM
love this guy! great job, J!!