• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddgaff1132
    Persistent Member
    • Oct 3, 2007

Who what was LESLO toy co.???

Hello fellow toy fiends
    So I recently won an auction for vintage knock off GI Joe goodies and found some items marked "LESLO". There is no "inc." or "Co." Or anything else. The Joe items look like regular old LJN Mr. Action accessories. So I wiki'ed LJN to see if "LESLO" was a fore- runner to the LJN brand. Nada! No mention of this toy maker. No Wiki available for the LESLO be as well. So does anyone know of this company???
    Check out my picture library of Mego-ish compatible vehicles with ID data.
    MEGO MOTORS
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

not sure of their origin, but they sure knocked off a lot of Joe gear from the 60s, I've gotten flamethrowers, field radios and rifles all marked Leslo. All of them were spitting images of Hasbro's pieces.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Neutron X
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 22, 2007

Here's where it gets weird. You have to have opened many KO to know who Leslo is............... uh OK here is what I do know. Elite GI Fighting Ace from the 1960s items were the ones marked Leslo. My understanding is that Leslo is more likely a Toy manufacturer name than a retail toy company. Like Rebox ect. After Mego was sued by Hasbro for Fighting Yank many molds were changed in Hong Kong. Names were removed from the molds and later only marked as Hong Kong .

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎