X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neutron X
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 22, 2007

MEGO/Matt Mason LIKE REDBOX Astonauts

In the world of toys its great to find cool Deja Vu type toys. I have seen this toy before kind of..........

Redbox made many great toys. They even made them in 1/6 and 1/8 scale! My favorite is the Matt Mason type figure in 1/6 scale it even came with space sled(need one if you have an extra) and back pack. They also made Deep Sea Diver in 1/8 and 1/6 scale too!

The 1960's Redbox 1/8 scale figure is made of hard plastic and moves at head and shoulders. The accessories are awesome.

Redbox made many varations but man is it hard to find any of them at all. It took me years to find the ones shown. There are at least 3 varations for the Matt Mason uniform that I know of. I need another 1/6 KO Astronuat helmet,
    space sled,backpack if anyone has them for trade ect. Does anyone else have info on these?????
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Those are Gi joe knock offs right? the artwork on the boxed one looks like the Joe Astronaut
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

I love the second one, although he does look worried about something. Thanks for sharing these!
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Neutron X
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 22, 2007

Redbox did make great Gijoe inspired toys. For me the 1st Astronaut is double copy of both Gijoe and Matt Mason. The uniform design is copied from Matt Mason's in cloth.(Ebay pic)Red dots are rare MM varation so aren't on Redbox Astronaut.

Comment

• megojim
          Permanent Member
          • Oct 13, 2001

Originally posted by Neutron X
          Redbox did make great Gijoe inspired toys. For me the 1st Astronaut is double copy of both Gijoe and Matt Mason. The uniform design is copied from Matt Mason's in cloth.(Ebay pic)Red dots are rare MM varation so aren't on Redbox Astronaut.
          http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...AsIs060521.jpg
          Actually the red dots aren't that rare they just indicate an earlier version. There are more Red Dot MMM figures produced then Black Strap. Mattel seemed to scale back the paint details almost every year until all that remianed was Black Straps, the USA Flag and the silver thigh pockets. At any rate these are cool figures and I have "toyed" arounf with the idea of making a few MM in 8" scale but just haven't found the time.
          Thanks for sharing these pics!
          -jim
          My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
            MeGoing
            • May 14, 2003

Thanks for sharing these pics. I have always had a soft spot for astronaut action figures of all shapes and sizes and haven't seen these ones before.

Comment

• Neutron X
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 22, 2007

Thanks for the heads up on MM. I am still learning about this toy line.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by palitoy
                I love the second one, although he does look worried about something. Thanks for sharing these!
                Looks more like he's loosing his O2 and his eyes are bugging out.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• cjefferys
                  Duke of Gloat
                  • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, he does have that "Oh crap, I just ran out of oxygen!" look to him.

Very cool pics, I've never heard of or seen these figures before, so it's nice to see something new to me like this.

Comment

• AAAAA
                    Permanent Member
                    • Oct 28, 2005

Originally posted by megojim
                    Actually the red dots aren't that rare they just indicate an earlier version. There are more Red Dot MMM figures produced then Black Strap. Mattel seemed to scale back the paint details almost every year until all that remianed was Black Straps, the USA Flag and the silver thigh pockets. At any rate these are cool figures and I have "toyed" arounf with the idea of making a few MM in 8" scale but just haven't found the time.
                    Thanks for sharing these pics!
                    -jim
                    Thats a great Idea I'll have to look in my industrial catalogs for small acordian
                    rubber hose ,for the suits joints.

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>I have "toyed" arounf with the idea of making a few MM in 8"

So have I.... but it's mostly to help resist the urge to collect them.

Y'know.... with some mods a lot of that CTVT Space 1999 stuff would work....

Don C.

Comment

• lepage
                        The Ape General
                        • Aug 12, 2001

Redbox boxed Commando mint condition (box not !) - eBay (item 110254018780 end time May-25-08 1200 PDT)

Comment

• Neutron X
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 22, 2007

Very Cool! Soldier!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡