PDA

View Full Version : Is this a new sub forum?

Nostalgiabuff
Oct 30, '19, 6:13 PM
I don't recall ever seeing this room back here. Glad to see it now. Bring on Cpt Action!

LonnieFisher
Oct 30, '19, 6:42 PM
This room need some furniture and wall hangings.

palitoy
Oct 30, '19, 8:11 PM
Yeah it's new. The Yahoo groups are being phased out and some CA folks liked the idea of jumping on here.

PNGwynne
Oct 30, '19, 9:05 PM
Glad to see this, I think Captain Action is a great toy and character.

Werewolf
Oct 30, '19, 10:19 PM
Neat! Those are fun iconic toys.

drquest
Oct 31, '19, 9:33 AM
Thank you Brian and the MM! Yes the Yahoo Groups email list system is shutting down some services and I can see the writing on the wall that they will probably shut it down fully at some point.

I have a Captain Action group on there that's been active for 21 years now and asked to see if a Captain Action section could be carved out here. There's a lot of members already on there and here and the MM feels like a second home so I'm super happy about having a dedicated C/A section.

AstroJoe62
Oct 31, '19, 9:52 AM
Thank you for getting this up and going Danny.

rche
Oct 31, '19, 9:58 AM
Awesome! Welcome to the CA folks who may not have visited MegoMuseum before.
I am not too good with FB pages, so I am super happy that the CA chats will have a little bit of a presence here as well as in the world of the contiguous feed.
I look forward to some cool CA threads and info.

classicplastick
Oct 31, '19, 1:03 PM
Excellent! A new place to rub elbows with the few, the mighty, the incorrigible: Captain Action fans! Woo hoo!

Shermanator
Oct 31, '19, 1:52 PM
Thanks to Drquest and the Mego Museum admins for setting up the new sub-forum! I am one of the refugees from the CA Yahoo groups list. Looking forward to joining the discussion. I have some Mego figures too, so I hope to expand my knowledge of those as well.

Steve

Earth 2 Chris
Oct 31, '19, 2:03 PM
Nice to see it here. I have some CA items, and have a fondness for the concept, and of course getting to work on the Castaway toys packaging didn't hurt either!

thesharkman
Nov 1, '19, 2:03 PM
cool beans to see a place to go.

thesharkman

Makernaut
Nov 1, '19, 4:02 PM
Cool! :cool_y:

I dig Captain Action. Don't have any original pieces, but I have picked up quite a few figures and costumes from the Playing Mantis and Round 2 incarnations of Captain Action.

Makernaut
Nov 1, '19, 4:12 PM
Nice to see it here. I have some CA items, and have a fondness for the concept, and of course getting to work on the Castaway toys packaging didn't hurt either!

I am very proud to have a Castaway Captain Action and Dr. Eville in my collection. I got them because the were "Mego-like" and for me, they bridged the gap between Mego and CA. The Castaway Toys version was what got me interested in the line because CA wasn't even on my radar prior to that.

PNGwynne
Nov 1, '19, 4:16 PM
I liked that crossover aspect with CAW, too. But it was Playing Mantis that really grabbed me, I still like those.

I'd like to own a vintage CA Aquaman someday, Ideal did a good job on him.

cptaction
Nov 2, '19, 10:26 AM
Happy to see that Captain Action fans have another home here. There are a lot of crossover fans as we found out when we had put out a few Mego style figures via Castaway Toys a few years back. We'll be sure to post any new CA news here as well as on our Facebook pages.
Best,
Joe Ahearn
CAE LLC

Nostalgiabuff
Nov 2, '19, 4:13 PM
I dig Cpt Action too. I got into the line when I snagged an auction lot of several uniforms and accessories. then I was hooked. I have only an original Dr Evil body, but have original Batman, Superman, Aquaman, Flash Gordon, the Phantom, Buck Rogers and Captain America costumes, set up on Playing Mantis bodies. I am starting to downsize though so will be listing them on ebay in the coming months

PNGwynne
Nov 2, '19, 4:18 PM
Sounds like quite a collection.

Makernaut
Nov 2, '19, 8:51 PM
I liked that crossover aspect with CAW, too. But it was Playing Mantis that really grabbed me, I still like those.

I'd like to own a vintage CA Aquaman someday, Ideal did a good job on him.

^Completely agree about Aquaman. The CA version is every bit (if not more so?) as fascinating as Mego including Aquaman in an initial release of an action figure line.

A (more or less ) minor character benefited from timing.......TWICE!!!

I FREAKING LOVE THAT HAPPENED!!!:cool_y:

PNGwynne
Nov 2, '19, 8:58 PM
ME TOO!! lol Praise be to Filmation.

I love how Ideal did Aquaman's tunic, with the copper-colored cross-hatched "scales."