X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wolverine1969
    Career Member
    • Apr 7, 2005

Tracking your collection

What system do you all use to keep track of what titles and number you have?
    It was like that when I got here.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I type everything into Microsoft Word....pretty simple. A DC list, a Marvel list and an "other" list.
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
      Career Member
      • May 14, 2007

I use pencil and paper and separate the comics by company.
      Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
        Stays Crunchy in Milk
        • Aug 2, 2004

There are several online sites that offer this. There's a new one that's been advertized in comics and comicspriceguide.com is a good one. You can enter your books, condition and once you have them cataloged you can download an excell file as well as the online records.
        Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Marvelmania
          A Ray of Sunshine
          • Jun 17, 2001

I too have used Microsoft Word for years. Took a while to get started but now it's easy to keep up with.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

My silver age stuff is boxed in alphabetical order. my current stuff uses the PILE system. I stack them in a pile on the end table. when they fall over, I put them in a magazine box. No bags or boards.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
              Stays Crunchy in Milk
              • Aug 2, 2004

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              My silver age stuff is boxed in alphabetical order. my current stuff uses the PILE system. I stack them in a pile on the end table. when they fall over, I put them in a magazine box. No bags or boards.
              Ha! I too use the PILE system till they threaten to topple, however once I can PILE them no longer I do, bag board and alphabetize.
              Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Wolverine1969
                Career Member
                • Apr 7, 2005

I found one of the online ones. Going to give it a try. Seems decent enough, you can see the covers displayed on each of the titles you have.
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• grayhank
                  That Fisher Price Guy
                  • Feb 9, 2007

I use Comic Base. It's pricey but an excellent program. New issues/titles are added to it every Friday as well as current values through an update you can download. The archive edition contains pictures of thousands of covers. There's even a hand scanner you can get to input your collection into the database, all you do is scan the barcode and it adds the title to your collection. Saves hours of time if you have a large collection. Although books without barcodes you have to do manually of course. Check them out: http://www.comicbase.com/
                  Scott D Thompson | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎