X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Star Wars Stamps

So, I'm at the post office today and the Star Wars stamps are calling to me in that geeky pavlovian "Ohhh, pretty Darth Vader paintings" kind of way. I'm not a SW collector, really, but still, me wantee. Then I'm thinking, what am I going to do, put them on my electric bill? No, I can't see myself using them to mail things, they are too nice looking. So, I'm going to keep them? Frame them like my wife did the Super Hero stamps on my birthday? Okay, I guess, but what does that get me? So why not just get a Star Wars poster and hang it in my office? Right, because I'm not that into Star Wars anymore. So why do I want the stamps again?

I bought some 2 cent stamps to cover the leftovers from the price jump and saved the $5. Was I wrong? Am I missing out on an important cultural moment?

This profile is no longer active.
  • GSPUSA
    General Patton
    • Apr 9, 2005

That is awsome. Good thing for me that mail box is probably somewhere far far away. I bought a few sheets of SW stamps to save.
    It

Comment

• Dave Mc
      Administrator
      • Oct 20, 2002

I am into SW still, and they DO call to me, but I will resist the dark side of over marketization. I had the same thoughts, a nice poster would be more cool.

Comment

• Dave Mc
        Administrator
        • Oct 20, 2002

Or better yet, a cool Dida display for my custom SW figures.

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

Heh, you know I'm down for that!

Y'know, there's just something about Lucasfilm and the Federal Government teaming up that doesn't sit well with me...
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Oh man! I love that mailbox! Is that the P.O. on Lake Park, near Kwik Way? I haven't been down there lately.

My mom said she heard there were also Star TREK stamps. Is this true? She said she heard on the news they mentioned a Klingon. I would love to get some of those!
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

There's an R2D2 mailbox less than half a block down from the front door of the building I work in, in the Wallstreet area. It's pretty cool to pass by and to put your mail in.

- Ian
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Megospidey
                Museum Webslinger
                • Jul 26, 2006

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                Oh man! I love that mailbox! Is that the P.O. on Lake Park, near Kwik Way? I haven't been down there lately.

My mom said she heard there were also Star TREK stamps. Is this true? She said she heard on the news they mentioned a Klingon. I would love to get some of those!

One of my best friends is a postmaster. He lets me in on everything that's coming out long before the public finds out.

He hasn't said anything about Star Trek stamps, but if he does, I will post it.

BTW - I live in a very small community. If any of you have trouble getting the stamps you want where you live because of sell-outs, let me know and I'll hook you up! My post office RARELY sells out of any of the special stamps. He may not always get every special stamp, but he rarely sells out of what he gets

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎